Needs Analysis from Med Supps to Final Expense

I find it ridiculous that people in sales are always trying to convince people they are not trying to sell anything. If I let someone know I'm going to try and earn their business and they scoff at me I'll leave and save myself an hour of presentation, rapport and rebuttals. I'd rather hit happy hour early than try and talk someone into buying something when there is no chance they are going to.

I cross sell most of my applicants. Unless they are just really sitting good with their current Medicare or life insurance.

I've never needed to say more than this:

1. If I just sold them FE/ life insurance...Let me ask you one more thing, who do you have your Medicare Insurance with?

2. If I just sold them Med Sup...Let me ask you one more thing, who do you have your life insurance with?

I guarantee you this works 100% of the time. Not a sale 100% of the time. But a detailed conversation where you can determine if you can improve their situation.

I cross sell most of my applicants. Unless they are just really sitting good with their current Medicare or life insurance.

I've never needed to say more than this:

1. If I just sold them FE/ life insurance...Let me ask you one more thing, who do you have your Medicare Insurance with?

2. If I just sold them Med Sup...Let me ask you one more thing, who do you have your life insurance with?

I guarantee you this works 100% of the time. Not a sale 100% of the time. But a detailed conversation where you can determine if you can improve their situation.

After I replace their medicare supplement I always ask, "Did you also buy your life insurance through xyz company?" It doesn't matter if that company sells it or not. I still ask just so they will tell me who it is with or if they have any. It only ends up in a sale 83% of the time but I still think it's worth asking...

So it sounds like eternity wants to be sneaky about it. Myself, I don't want a sneaky person to be my agent.

Just ask if they're still paying on their life insurance. That will open it up like Scott said.

And asking if they're paying too much for their life insurance seems like a terrible way to put it. Their reply: no.

The med supp crosses I've done off FE leads is: Do you have a Medicare Supplement? How much are you paying for it?

Just ask straight up!

So it sounds like eternity wants to be sneaky about it. Myself, I don't want a sneaky person to be my agent.

Excuse me, wanting to not come off like a product pusher when you are trying to help a person save money on their life or med supp isn't being sneaky. Thanks for stepping into this conversation and offering nothing in return.

I do appreciate Scott's response, I would like to cross-sell more FE to med supp clients (get way more leads from mailers it seems), just wasn't sure if this is something you expect to get done in the same appointment. I like the Frank Stasny way of introducing FE after a Med Supp appointment, just never worked it in...

Ahem.... I believe I said that....

Sorry, that was you. Lol.

----------

Excuse me, wanting to not come off like a product pusher when you are trying to help a person save money on their life or med supp isn't being sneaky. Thanks for stepping into this conversation and offering nothing in return. I do appreciate Scott's response, I would like to cross-sell more FE to med supp clients (get way more leads from mailers it seems), just wasn't sure if this is something you expect to get done in the same appointment. I like the Frank Stasny way of introducing FE after a Med Supp appointment, just never worked it in...

SAI offered good advice to begin with. You just chose to ignore it.

Now carry on with your philanthropy project.

I find it ridiculous that people in sales are always trying to convince people they are not trying to sell anything. If I let someone know I'm going to try and earn their business and they scoff at me I'll leave and save myself an hour of presentation, rapport and rebuttals. I'd rather hit happy hour early than try and talk someone into buying something when there is no chance they are going to.

Where did I say I was convincing people I'm not trying to sell anything? Make no mistake about it, they know the purpose of the appointment. But I'm not making a "sales pitch". There's this mindset that you have to follow a script and follow certain steps. Each situation is different so a script and steps 1, 2, 3 etc don't always fit.

I ask questions, confirm the problem they want solved and present a solution. It's that simple. No gimmicky sales talk or manipulation. In their mind it was their idea. I just educated them on their options and solved their problem in the most efficient way possible.

If you want to be the guy who can "sell ice to an Eskimo", more power to you. My way has served me well for a little over a quarter of a century and has resulted in a steady stream of unsolicited referrals.

Where did I say I was convincing people I'm not trying to sell anything? Make no mistake about it, they know the purpose of the appointment. But I'm not making a "sales pitch". There's this mindset that you have to follow a script and follow certain steps. Each situation is different so a script and steps 1, 2, 3 etc don't always fit. I ask questions, confirm the problem they want solved and present a solution. It's that simple. No gimmicky sales talk or manipulation. In their mind it was their idea. I just educated them on their options and solved their problem in the most efficient way possible. If you want to be the guy who can "sell ice to an Eskimo", more power to you. My way has served me well for a little over a quarter of a century and has resulted in a steady stream of unsolicited referrals.

Great job. I believe in being completely straight up. It tends to save a lot of time and eliminates the people I don't want to deal with. To each their own. I would not be able to sit and act like a professional visitor but some people don't mind that.

Back