New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017

Once you write a case the commission is yours, even if you change hierarchies. Just remember your old upline the dirtbag who would not release you, will keep his overrides on the cases you wrote while you were with them.

Once you write a case the commission is yours, even if you change hierarchies. Just remember your old upline the dirtbag who would not release you, will keep his overrides on the cases you wrote while you were with them.

It doesn't seem fair, does it? The overrides should transfer to the writing agent's new up line in a better world.

It doesn't seem fair, does it? The overrides should transfer to the writing agent's new up line in a better world.

So you believe that the old upline should just lose everything? If that were the case then no upline would release. I sure am glad you're not the one setting the rules!

I have an up-line who will not grant us a release and has held commissions back from us for three years.

Out of integrity I will not mention there name in this thread. Of course I wish that residual would be moved away from that dirt bag.

You took what I typed out of context.

I have an up-line who will not grant us a release and has held commissions back from us for three years.

Out of integrity I will not mention there name in this thread. Of course I wish that residual would be moved away from that dirt bag.

You took what I typed out of context.

Then you must have been captive. I wasn't referring to a captive situation.

So you believe that the old upline should just lose everything? If that were the case then no upline would release. I sure am glad you're not the one setting the rules!

I have been in situations where the up line did next to nothing for me. So, yes. I don't think that they deserved to get those overrides from my blood, sweat and tears.

I have been in situations where the up line did next to nothing for me. So, yes. I don't think that they deserved to get those overrides from my blood, sweat and tears.

So how would a company determine which uplines deserve it and which don't?

Besides that, many times it is just a matter of prospective as to what the uplines have done for an agent or not.

Yes, that is correct, the agent will retain all renewals (as long as they are contracted as an agent and not a "solicitor"). Agents are paid directly by UHC and retain renewals. Solicitors are paid by their upline. I don't know many uplines that would pay renewals to a solicitor unless they had a prior written agreement to do that.

Interesting....so lets run that through.

1. Solicitor gives notice to present Upline broker.
2. Agent leaves the broker starts writing his own biz.
3. In 6 mths, he gets a release from broker (automatically)

QUESTION: (since the agent won't be released for 6mths), when does the "agent" get paid on his "New Business?"

IE: Perhaps you can give an example of what you are talking about?

THANKS!

Since the agent is still writing business with carrier and getting advances how is the releasing imo protected?

Latest posts

Back