Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE


Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017     
Old 08-02-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts:5
State: FMOadvisor is an Insurance Agent from
New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
It looks like UHC will be changing their release rules sometime next week. Here are the highlights as I understand them, Has anyone else heard anything?:

1. Agents can request a release and if their upline refuses to release them the release will still be effective 6 months later. The agent can continue to write business during this time. This is very similar to Humana and many other companies.

2. GA's, MGA's and SGA's can request a release for themselves and every agent in their entire downline.

3. All agents that want to transfer have to submit a new contract within 30 days after the 6 month waiting period is over.

4. There will be a new "blackout" period where no agent can move from September 1st to December 31st even if their upline agrees to an immediate release.

I know many successful agents who will be very happy about this rule change. I think it may be difficult to implement for agents with large downlines since every agent will have to sign a new contract within a 30 day window. Please let me know if anyone else has any information!

------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Old 08-02-2017, 06:21 PM   #2
Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts:1,533
State: wehotex is an Insurance Agent from Texas
wehotex is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 Re: New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Originally Posted by FMOadvisor View Post
It looks like UHC will be changing their release rules sometime next week. Here are the highlights as I understand them, Has anyone else heard anything?:

1. Agents can request a release and if their upline refuses to release them the release will still be effective 6 months later. The agent can continue to write business during this time. This is very similar to Humana and many other companies.

2. GA's, MGA's and SGA's can request a release for themselves and every agent in their entire downline.

3. All agents that want to transfer have to submit a new contract within 30 days after the 6 month waiting period is over.

4. There will be a new "blackout" period where no agent can move from September 1st to December 31st even if their upline agrees to an immediate release.

I know many successful agents who will be very happy about this rule change. I think it may be difficult to implement for agents with large downlines since every agent will have to sign a new contract within a 30 day window. Please let me know if anyone else has any information!
Wow. That's great news. I guess that UHC saw that many agents in that situation DO NOT write UHC products for 6 months to leave a crappy up line. That doesn't exactly help UHC's numbers and bottom line. I know several agents that had to go through that 6-month song and dance.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Old 08-05-2017, 09:42 AM   #3
Super Genius
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts:89
State: timeflies is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 Re: New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Who are some of the other companies that apply this practice? Is Anthem one of them?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Old 08-05-2017, 05:23 PM   #4
Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts:1,533
State: wehotex is an Insurance Agent from Texas
wehotex is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 Re: New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Originally Posted by timeflies View Post
Who are some of the other companies that apply this practice? Is Anthem one of them?
Yes. Anthem also allows the agent to continue writing business while the 6-month period is occurring.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Old 08-05-2017, 06:00 PM   #5
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts:3,144
State: FLM2 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
FLM2 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 Re: New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Humana has the same rule-with no release letter there is a 6 month waiting period during which time you can continue to write business under the current upline. I am in the process of such a change so recently reviewed the rules.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Old 08-09-2017, 06:54 PM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts:5
State: FMOadvisor is an Insurance Agent from
New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 Re: New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 FMOadvisor is the thread starter for: New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017

Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Wow. That's great news. I guess that UHC saw that many agents in that situation DO NOT write UHC products for 6 months to leave a crappy up line. That doesn't exactly help UHC's numbers and bottom line. I know several agents that had to go through that 6-month song and dance.
Yes, I know many agents who will be changing uplines to find someone who gives them the support that they need. I think it was a great move by UHC.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Old 08-11-2017, 05:03 PM   #7
Guru
Fisher on New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts:1,274
State: Fisher is an Insurance Agent from Missouri
Fisher is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 Re: New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
What is the future status of your existing book in this scenario? Are you still AOR after moving to a new upline?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Old 08-11-2017, 05:14 PM   #8
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts:5
State: FMOadvisor is an Insurance Agent from
New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 Re: New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 FMOadvisor is the thread starter for: New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017

Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
What is the future status of your existing book in this scenario? Are you still AOR after moving to a new upline?
Yes, the agent remains as the AOR for all existing business when they transfer to a new hierarchy. UHC is very good about protecting the Agent of Record.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Old 08-11-2017, 05:17 PM   #9
Guru
Fisher on New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts:1,274
State: Fisher is an Insurance Agent from Missouri
Fisher is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 Re: New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
So then... all renewal commissions would continue to stay with the agent? (Just to be clear.)
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Old 08-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #10
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts:5
State: FMOadvisor is an Insurance Agent from
New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 Re: New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 FMOadvisor is the thread starter for: New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017

Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
So then... all renewal commissions would continue to stay with the agent? (Just to be clear.)
Yes, that is correct, the agent will retain all renewals (as long as they are contracted as an agent and not a "solicitor"). Agents are paid directly by UHC and retain renewals. Solicitors are paid by their upline. I don't know many uplines that would pay renewals to a solicitor unless they had a prior written agreement to do that.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Reply to New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017 

  Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum




Similar Threads with New Agent Release Rules for UHC 2017
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can anyone explain no release Crabcake Johnny General Insurance Agent Discussions 11 11-11-2008 10:29 AM
Websites? PADA Getting Started Selling Insurance 34 10-19-2008 12:47 PM
Help with may be conditional release ETA/Parker volcar Senior Insurance Forum 2 09-23-2008 06:56 PM
Parker & Associates No Release. Please Advise honestagent Senior Insurance Forum 59 09-19-2008 08:49 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Forum enabled with vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Join the Forum - It's FREE

Share This Page



Weekly Poll

Where do we go from here? POLL
Nothing - No ACA fixes - status quo
29.82 %
HHS Rulings and band aid bills
17.54 %
Hail Mary repeal and/or replace bill
17.54 %
A bipartisan bill to fix ACA
35.09 %

Voters: 57. This poll is closed