New: Americo Med Supp

Not to mention they are shady. They have been rescinding FE policies18-23 months in, not alerting the agent at all. Just charging us back and hoping we don't notice.

If they are shady in one area, they will be shady in others.

Not to mention they are shady. They have been rescinding FE policies18-23 months in, not alerting the agent at all. Just charging us back and hoping we don't notice.

If they are shady in one area, they will be shady in others.

Thanks for this reminder of why I won't give any more thought to picking up Americo for their Med Supp. They'll probably UW at claim time for the 1st 2 years a policy's in force. If they'll do it on FE, they'll do it on Med Supps. I don't want to be associated with a company like that!

Don't buy your life insurance from your auto insurance company, and don't buy medigap insurance from your life insurance company...

As far as FE and Med Supps, I disagree. Most of the companies I have do both. Aetna, Equitable and Oxford do a nice job. There's also Cigna, Humana, Medico, New Era/Philadelphia American, Sentinel Security and Standard Life & Accident have decent products for both. There are others that I don't have like MoO, Standard Life & Casualty and Transamerica that do well with both.

As far as FE and Med Supps, I disagree. Most of the companies I have do both. Aetna, Equitable and Oxford do a nice job. There's also Cigna, Humana, Medico, New Era/Philadelphia American, Sentinel Security and Standard Life & Accident have decent products for both. There are others that I don't have like MoO, Standard Life & Casualty and Transamerica that do well with both.

These companies were mostly medsupp companies (that offered life insurance) with exception to oxford, SS, SLAICO, who try to dive into the med supp arena. I wouldn't sell a trans medigap if you paid me MOO commissions for 10 years.

Guess we all agree we don't need problematic companies and UW at claim time is problematic.

These companies were mostly medsupp companies (that offered life insurance) with exception to oxford, SS, SLAICO, who try to dive into the med supp arena. I wouldn't sell a trans medigap if you paid me MOO commissions for 10 years.

SLAICO was big in the Med Supp business in the 80's and 90's, they've already been there, but aren't competitive any more(except on HDF).

I wouldn't sell anything of MoO's, especially their Med Supp. I have no desire to sell Transamerica either.

SLAICO was big in the Med Supp business in the 80's and 90's, they've already been there, but aren't competitive any more(except on HDF).

I wouldn't sell anything of MoO's, especially their Med Supp. I have no desire to sell Transamerica either.

The good days with SLAICO were the days when we field issued all the policies. Filled out the application on the face of the policy, collected the Money, tore off the yop copy of the app, handed them the policy and mailed app copy to the HO.

The good days with SLAICO were the days when we field issued all the policies. Filled out the application on the face of the policy, collected the Money, tore off the yop copy of the app, handed them the policy and mailed app copy to the HO.

I used to see their Short Term Nursing Home policy field issued too. There was some clean sheeting going on.

I wonder why they stopped doing the field issued policies?

Back