NEW Direction for Post AEP

Labesky

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have been unhappy with what Ive done YTD and need to make a change.

For those of you in the Senior Market that stay BUSY Jan to August:
* What products are the easiest to get leads for?
* What products are easier sales/higher commissions?
* Is DM a best value for leads?
* Any Senior FMOs ACTUALLY help agents be more productive?

I've stayed out of FE for a couple of years, focused on MAPD--SNPs, T65. Works OK just not enough there to stay busy. Too much dead time.

My thought is to start mixing in Med Supps and FE.

So I now what does NOT work for me---what works for YOU!

Outside of AEP I concentrate on Duals. I partner with dentists as many seniors are always looking for dental benefits and in my area dual SNPs have good dental benefits.

All my marketing activities are at or around their offices so I can refer new patients to them, they in turn refer the patients that need help with their benefits to me.

T65's is basically it. You can try to market med supp changes but most can't/won't change unless it's a big enough difference and most won't want to change until AEP because that's when they've been told is the time to change.

$0 premium MAPD are generally an easy sale and the first year commissions are generally higher than supplements. Many here will argue (rightly so) that supplements are the much better product though, and they have less volitility with carriers and benefits.

When you're starting out, generally yes. They're much more consistent than virtually any other marketing technique which is important starting out.

Ritter seems to do pretty good.

I'm busy every day because I invest in marketing. I do seminars, call T65ers, work with a lead company on underwritten med supp business. I am trying to get into companies that have retiring employees, working my network to get into senior centers and over 55 communities, and market to doctors for referrals. My focus is mostly on med supps because med supp is stickier than ma. I do some direct mail in rural areas and sell over the phone. I'd be happy to discuss your approach. I work with agents and my agency is actively writing business. Consistency and marketing is the key and having the opportunity to talk to someone that has been in business for a while is very important. PM me if you have interest in chatting.

T65's is basically it. You can try to market med supp changes but most can't/won't change unless it's a big enough difference and most won't want to change until AEP because that's when they've been told is the time to change.

$0 premium MAPD are generally an easy sale and the first year commissions are generally higher than supplements. Many here will argue (rightly so) that supplements are the much better product though, and they have less volitility with carriers and benefits.

When you're starting out, generally yes. They're much more consistent than virtually any other marketing technique which is important starting out.

Ritter seems to do pretty good.

I disagree with this almost 100%. I think if you are having these problems you're not doing something right.

Putting on information seminars can be a huge boost to one's marketing with very little cost. I work with agents that do this year round and once they get a foothold in their market, they generate a high amount of referrals this way. I would say the Dual market is the strongest product that we see outside of T65 and underwritten med supp. Not sure what area you are in, but many carriers are expanding their dual plans this year.

I have been unhappy with what Ive done YTD and need to make a change.

I've stayed out of FE for a couple of years, focused on MAPD--SNPs, T65. Works OK just not enough there to stay busy. Too much dead time.

My thought is to start mixing in Med Supps and FE.

So I now what does NOT work for me---what works for YOU!

1. Ask for referrals from every client
2. Send a handwritten TY card to every client
3. I meet with financial planners and they send me people, too. I spend most of February delivering TY gifts to FP's and their assistants.

Thanks KGmom- I do the first two

The broker I team up with in AEP has about 6 ED Jones brokers that refer him business. And you are the third person that has mentioned it so IM gonna call an old Rotary member with EDJ and talk to him

Ive read about calling on PC agents---read it 100 times--and tried it. Never got one call. I refer my PC business to one guy over the last couple of years--and he has sent me nothing, I think PC tends to their knitting and thats it

Again THANKS

----------

I disagree with this almost 100%. I think if you are having these problems you're not doing something right.

You are disagreeing with keese?

You are disagreeing with keese?

Yes I do. If I understand it correctly, he's saying that you will have a hard time selling Med Supps to anyone but the turning 65's. Nothing could be further from the truth. If he can't market and sell to the 67's and above he's doing something wrong. That's a huge market. Much bigger than just the turning 65's.

Back