New Equitable L&C Underwriting

A personal question in regard to above-what are arthritis type medicines I should be concerned about presenting insurance problems if I am asked to take in the future? Currently only NSAID and tylenol, but if my grandmother was any indication I have some rather unpleasant times to look forward to in the future.

A personal question in regard to above-what are arthritis type medicines I should be concerned about presenting insurance problems if I am asked to take in the future? Currently only NSAID and tylenol, but if my grandmother was any indication I have some rather unpleasant times to look forward to in the future.

Arthritis medications arent an issue unless it's rheumatoid arthritis, and then there are at least three carriers that I know of that don't even care about that so I'd say that should be the least of things you worry about going down the road.

Worrying about taking arthritis medications later that could affect your ability to get a Medicare supplement seems like an odd thing to worry about. We may have a single-payer system by then anyway and then you'll really have cause to worry.

Single payer medigap. Another concept to look up.

I'm considering an HDF plan-just working on guessing how long I have before I will be stuck with it if I do. I suppose I really should decide this month, but I have another one before I have to-Its a matter how how i want to bring guesses about cash flows, future health and life expectancy together.

(I had also given vague thought once to seeing about being a ship advisor, but a combination of poor memory and the extreme complexity of all this cause me to question whether I would be able to do a responsible job for folks that might be depending on me.)

Arthritis medications arent an issue unless it's rheumatoid arthritis, and then there are at least three carriers that I know of that don't even care about that so I'd say that should be the least of things you worry about going down the road.

Worrying about taking arthritis medications later that could affect your ability to get a Medicare supplement seems like an odd thing to worry about. We may have a single-payer system by then anyway and then you'll really have cause to worry.

So Jacob, why so secretive with your "knowledge"? For the 2nd time I'm asking you...who are those companies you said will take someone who's receiving shots in the doctor's office for RA? When EE said he didn't know of a company that would take someone getting injections at the doctor's office for RA you said, "There is two co. that will take them". After a week, we're still waiting for your answer.:skeptical:

----------

I still think you should go with Plan G. Lots of companies won't take you if you have Rheumatoid or crippling Arthritis. You could also develop other conditions that would keep you in the HDF.

The company we were talking about(Bankers Fidelity) won't give you their Preferred rate , but will give you a higher Standard rate if you 're taking RA meds and possibly decline you. Some of those are Actemra, Golimumab, Imuran(Azathioprine), Orencia, Reclast and Remicade. Some RA meds that can DQ you with other companies are Embrel, Gold, Leukeran, Methotrexate, Neoral and Prednisone. There are more, but I'm not going to list them all, I think you get the picture.

As long as you don't recommend HDF and stay on this board, I think you'd make a great SHIP/SHICK advisor.:yes:

No Bueno, especially rheumatoid arthritus seniors that receive injectables at their doctor's office, cant move them anywhere now that Equitable wont take em...

Hey Justin, you might be able to get those taking injections for RA issued with Bankers Fidelity. I just checked with them and they said that depending on the med they're getting injected with, they should be ok for the Standard rate for RA injections at the doc's office. Their Standard rate should beat Equitable on Plan F...not Plan G.

Of course if I called again I might get a totally different answer.:laugh:

Back