New Equitable L&C Underwriting

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
From today's email.

We recently have revised the Medicare Supplement 2050/2070 product underwriting guidelines to include the following changes:

Additional reasons for decline:

Injections administered in the doctor's office.
Lung or respiratory disorders: use of nebulizer within the past 12 months.
Lung or respiratory disorder with tobacco use.
History of cardiovascular event (such as a heart attack, stroke or TIA) in combination with tobacco use.
If the applicant has diabetes, falls within the height/weight range for the standard rate and uses tobacco.
The applicant is prescribed Furosemide/Lasix over 60 mg daily.
The applicant is prescribed a combination of Methotrexate and a steroid (such as Prednisone).
The applicant has diabetes and takes or has been required to take more than 50 units of insulin daily in the past two years.

From today's email.

We recently have revised the Medicare Supplement 2050/2070 product underwriting guidelines to include the following changes:

Additional reasons for decline:

Injections administered in the doctor's office.
Lung or respiratory disorders: use of nebulizer within the past 12 months.
Lung or respiratory disorder with tobacco use.
History of cardiovascular event (such as a heart attack, stroke or TIA) in combination with tobacco use.
If the applicant has diabetes, falls within the height/weight range for the standard rate and uses tobacco.
The applicant is prescribed Furosemide/Lasix over 60 mg daily.
The applicant is prescribed a combination of Methotrexate and a steroid (such as Prednisone).
The applicant has diabetes and takes or has been required to take more than 50 units of insulin daily in the past two years.

Effective when? I just quoted my 1st Equitable case with COPD.

Rick

Just talked with lady today with RA. Gets Humira in doc's office. Looking at guides and apps I came up with Equitable and New Era as possibilities.

Now it looks like New Era may be the only option.

Rick, the directive #1385 issued today. Assume it is in effect now

There is two co. that will take them.

And they are........................:err:

----------

Just talked with lady today with RA. Gets Humira in doc's office. Looking at guides and apps I came up with Equitable and New Era as possibilities.

Now it looks like New Era may be the only option.

Rick, the directive #1385 issued today. Assume it is in effect now

Bob, New Era's UW Guide says no. :no:

14. Any ongoing injection therapy in the past 5 years is a decline.

Bankers Fidelity came back to me and offered Standard rate for B-12 injections at the doctors office(I passed), not sure if they'd do that with other types of injections. Cigna and LCBA will consider individual cases.

Figured you would chime in. Did a quick search in the NE guide for rheumatoid and came up empty. Was going to revisit if you didn't post.

Tom, BFLIC asks about RA with fractures. Got an inquiry to my prospect now for more details. She takes Humira but self injected.

Tom, BFLIC asks about RA with fractures. Got an inquiry to my prospect now for more details. She takes Humira but self injected.

Hey Bob, that's not a DQ. The fractures are for Osteoporosis. Those questions and the meds listed in the UW guide would probably bump it from Preferred to Standard rate. Too bad they're closed today, can't call them before Monday.

The way the question is written (probably by a lawyer) it lumps RA and osteo in the same question. Grammatically correct sentence structure is a lost art. Figured the condition/drugs would kick it to std. Not sure yet if that is a deal breaker or not. Want to see if we even have anything to talk about before breaking the bad news on the rate.

Back