New Lincoln Heritage Direct FE

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
I just received a new mailer as a response to a TV commercial for Lincoln Heritage FInal Expense Life Insurance. In the past if you called the toll-free number they would sell the lead to an agent. Now they try to sell you directly.

Here's the pitch; By buying directly from the TV ad through the mail, I'm invited to apply for their lowest rate for my age and gender- their preferred rate!

You only need to fill out the enclosed application with two health questions (5-year lookback for AIDS, Heart disease, cancer, lung disease, stroke, kidney disease, & liver disease OR currently disabled, using oxygen, in hospital or nursing home, or using a wheelchair.)

Experience the ease and economy of dealing directly with Lincoln Heritage by mail. No salesperson in your home.

The rates...look outragous to me to be advertised as the lowest rates for my age and gender - our preferred rate.

Here's some samples for $10,000 of coverage:

Male age 50= $39.74
Male age 67= $88.87
Male age 80= 188.49
Male age 85= $233.54
Female age 50= $33.33
Female age 67= $75.72
Female age 80= $170.10
Female age 85= 208.04

Are these REALLY Lincoln Heritage's preferred rates or are they just full of BS on this mailer?

Has Lincoln Heritage sold direct to the public before or is this new?

I like this! The easiest sale in the world is when you come into a house that just bought something like this thinking they saved money by cutting out the agent and you can save them $20 or more per month.

I just received a new mailer as a response to a TV commercial for Lincoln Heritage FInal Expense Life Insurance. In the past if you called the toll-free number they would sell the lead to an agent. Now they try to sell you directly.

Here's the pitch; By buying directly from the TV ad through the mail, I'm invited to apply for their lowest rate for my age and gender- their preferred rate!

You only need to fill out the enclosed application with two health questions (5-year lookback for AIDS, Heart disease, cancer, lung disease, stroke, kidney disease, & liver disease OR currently disabled, using oxygen, in hospital or nursing home, or using a wheelchair.)

Experience the ease and economy of dealing directly with Lincoln Heritage by mail. No salesperson in your home.

The rates...look outragous to me to be advertised as the lowest rates for my age and gender - our preferred rate.

Here's some samples for $10,000 of coverage:

Male age 50= $39.74
Male age 67= $88.87
Male age 80= 188.49
Male age 85= $233.54
Female age 50= $33.33
Female age 67= $75.72
Female age 80= $170.10
Female age 85= 208.04

Are these REALLY Lincoln Heritage's preferred rates or are they just full of BS on this mailer?

Has Lincoln Heritage sold direct to the public before or is this new?

I like this! The easiest sale in the world is when you come into a house that just bought something like this thinking they saved money by cutting out the agent and you can save them $20 or more per month.
Don't know, maybe this will help. Just got a quote from a buddy with LH for a 46yo female :

...........WL 20pay
5,000 12.25 18.95
10,000 21.50 34.90
15,000 30.75 50.85

These are bank draft rates. He said this is for their final expense policy if they answer no to all the questions, and graded benefit if answer any yes except ESRD, something like that.

Does this help, can you interpolate with just this info? Do you have the rates for a 46yo female?

Patriot, you must be holding the rate chart upside down or something. Lincoln Heritage very clearly states on this mailing that these are the lowest (yes, lowest is underlined) rates for your age and gender- our PREFERRED RATE (yes, preferred rate is all caps.)

They can only offer these great rates due to the ease and economy of dealing direct with your insurance company by mail. No swarmy salesperson in your home (I embellished the "swarmy" because that's always implied.)

The preferred rate for the 46 year old female is;
$10,000= $29.62
$5,000 = 16.83
Lifetime pay.

These ARE the best rates. Lincoln Heritage would not lie. Patriot, I suggest you go directly to the eyedoctor and get new bi-focals because you MUST be mistaken. LH would NOT state that these are the best rates and they can only offer them by cutting out the agent and then have agents out there cutting better deals...would they? That would be...(gasp!)...misleading.

Those are not their preferred rates. I just looked for a 50 year old male non smoker for $10,000 would be about $30/mo.

They do have a 5 year lookback on their preferred.

On their FE for the same person thru an agent would be $36/mo.

They are charging more for selling it directly and more stringent underwriting.

Looks like a deal.:D

So Newb... since these are the new lowest rates, did you buy the 5K or did you opt for the 10K plan...? And you got one for Mrs Newb too, since you were getting the lowest rates available, I suppose...?
:)

Those are not their preferred rates. I just looked for a 50 year old male non smoker for $10,000 would be about $30/mo.

They do have a 5 year lookback on their preferred.

On their FE for the same person thru an agent would be $36/mo.

They are charging more for selling it directly and more stringent underwriting.

Looks like a deal.:D

JD, are you insinuating that a fine company like Lincoln Heritage would send letters to people clearly stating that the quoted rates are "our lowest for your age and gender-OUR PREFERRED RATE" when they knowingly have MUCH lower rates available through agents?

I'm sure there must be some kind of error here!

</IMG>
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
So Newb... since these are the new lowest rates, did you buy the 5K or did you opt for the 10K plan...? And you got one for Mrs Newb too, since you were getting the lowest rates available, I suppose...?
:)

Oh yes, I may have to sign up today! It's completely risk-free. The coverage comes with a 100% monry-back guarantee for thirty days.

I think it's a wonderful program!

Last edited:
Patriot, you must be holding the rate chart upside down or something.
I checked and you are quite correct. My buddy had faxed me the rate chart, and I checked and found out I had loaded the paper in the fax machine UPSIDE DOWN!

:D

Lincoln Heritage, a fine company that will cancel your contract for lack of business even though you're half dead from kidney failure. Even after writing this fine company a letter explaining the situation and them replying back with...we will keep you appointed...they still cancel the contract and keep ALL commissions and provide zero correspondence on all policies.

Class act, that Lincoln Heritage!:skeptical:

I checked and you are quite correct. My buddy had faxed me the rate chart, and I checked and found out I had loaded the paper in the fax machine UPSIDE DOWN!

:D

There is an easy work-around to this... just stand on your head. If you can't do this, have your wife or kids do it for you and then write down what they say.:D

In the event you can't accomplish this, just put the paper back through the fax in the opposite direction, and fax a copy to yourself.....

Last edited:
Back