New to Med Sup

I strongly suggest you learn Medicare, plans, etc. before you start learning how to sell over the phone. That's the easy part and I agree about outsourcing the telemarketing. Either hire one yourself or go with someone you can trust to do it for you.

Rick

I have the Medicare down pat with 7 years in the biz. Now just how to get telemarketing leads to sell over the phone

I'm considering adding med sup sales by telephone to my biz and hoping to get some guidance with setting some production goals.

If you were going to start over selling med sups by phone and had the capital to choose, would you do DM, TM, hire and train a caller or create the leads yourself?

What kind of ratio range should a newb to med sups with many years of insurance selling experience expect to average regarding cold calls to create leads, DM Leads to presentations, resulting sales?

If you're going to learn how to sell Med Supp by phone, you might as well learn from the master. Westfall's site is worth the $19.97 a month for the national quoter(CSG)alone. He's got everything you need on there, including the tools and technology you need to get going.

Is Google selling leads now? Are they exclusive? Minimum order? How much do they cost?

Just give them access to your credit card with a healthy limit and be prepared to be charged $15 per click. An hour and $800 later you should have gotten 1-2 leads that were bogus (but exclusive!).

I have the Medicare down pat with 7 years in the biz. Now just how to get telemarketing leads to sell over the phone
It's easier than you think to self generate leads by telemarketing. But if you have the budget, buying leads or hiring a telemarketer is the way to go!

It's easier than you think to self generate leads by telemarketing. But if you have the budget, buying leads or hiring a telemarketer is the way to go!

You are 100% correct. It's not rocket surgery although it certainly helps to have sold Medicare supps F2F as this will shorten the learning curve.

As far as a script, I can't tell you how many people want to know what script my telemarketer uses. It's like there's a magic formula for asking people if they would like to see if they can qualify for a lower rate.

I do more training on Medicare than I do for how to telemarket. Understanding the product really is 80% of the battle, not following a script and having responses to objections. The idea that someone is the guru of telemarketing is like saying Colonel Sanders was the guru of fried chicken. It's not that hard.

I've done a number of webinars on how to find a telemarketer and have go through this step by step. Mailing are not cost effective.

If you don't want to hire someone yourself (or are too lazy), there are sources that will generate leads for you. We will have a guest webinar in a few weeks from a lead vendor who will show agents what he has to offer. If you are not an association member send me an email (NOT PM) to my address below and we'll get you the link.

Rick

It's easy and hard all at the same time. I'm great at chatting it up and don't have a problem with no's or being hung up on, but I couldn't figure out the pentameter of calling. There's a system to the frequency and type of calls. I was strictly medsup till AEP. Learned it from Mr. Westfall and agree that the $20mo is worth every cent.
There are still some stopping points..
I can sum it up to - "Getting help to solve your problems, is your problem." His site's selling antics are familiar and yet still effective.
He's dead serious about being a good sales person. To do it, you have to be just as dedicated, but at a desk, on the phone.
End all, be all, Mr. Westfall's site and shared knowledge is better than any other out there.
Now, that being said, he's cold about advantage... And says it's a waste of time.
After this AEP, I may agree... We'll see in January.
I say go for it. Nothing could be worst than being a broker and only offering half.

Back