New to Med Sup

End all, be all, Mr. Westfall's site and shared knowledge is better than any other out there.
Now, that being said, he's cold about advantage... And says it's a waste of time.
After this AEP, I may agree... We'll see in January.
I say go for it. Nothing could be worst than being a broker and only offering half.

I would sell more if I was allowed to telemarket or door knock. Also it's a pain to sell MA over the phone unless your set up as a call-center. The ones that do have an e-app still require you to be f2f. You can mail packets out i guess, but then there's the issue of the scope. :goofy:

It' such a mess to deal with. Unless you have a large local book of business you can cross-sell or can afford direct mail.

I would sell more if I was allowed to telemarket or door knock. Also it's a pain to sell MA over the phone unless your set up as a call-center. The ones that do have an e-app still require you to be f2f. You can mail packets out i guess, but then there's the issue of the scope. :goofy:

It' such a mess to deal with. Unless you have a large local book of business you can cross-sell or can afford direct mail.

I understand where you're coming from. In the end I think it's good to have several avenues open especially with the rapidly changing market. Plus it helps to kick monotony.
Most importantly it's great to have the experience and know how for your clients benefit.

MA phone sales do not require scope, Although I am told I need to get for Aetna, But everyone else and CMS does not require scope for phone sales of MA plans

MA phone sales do not require scope, Although I am told I need to get for Aetna, But everyone else and CMS does not require scope for phone sales of MA plans

Humana insists they need one. Of course, the generic SOA I use which is approved by CMS says it's only needed for F2F.

So do I believe the debil or satan?

Rick

Wha?!?!? In TX I was under the impression f2f was the only way to make a sale. I'd be doing backflips otherwise.

F2F is not required in TX or any other states. There I believe some local companies that require F2F but most don't, Any national company does not require F2F either

Maybe you should sign up for Greensky's association. Then you can offer advice with authority.

You see I'm an adult and I really didn't want to talk down to you but I've had this conversation with Aetna and United health and was told that we could not sell over the phone or I would be already. Wiseguy.

If you know of something that is allowing people to go against what their managing broker from the carrier says then please share.

F2F is not required in TX or any other states. There I believe some local companies that require F2F but most don't, Any national company does not require F2F either

What he said.

See, I'm an adult with 25 years experience and I've learned that carrier reps are stupid.

Back