New to Med Sup

Mavrik

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm considering adding med sup sales by telephone to my biz and hoping to get some guidance with setting some production goals.

If you were going to start over selling med sups by phone and had the capital to choose, would you do DM, TM, hire and train a caller or create the leads yourself?

What kind of ratio range should a newb to med sups with many years of insurance selling experience expect to average regarding cold calls to create leads, DM Leads to presentations, resulting sales?

I'm considering adding med sup sales by telephone to my biz and hoping to get some guidance with setting some production goals.

If you were going to start over selling med sups by phone and had the capital to choose, would you do DM, TM, hire and train a caller or create the leads yourself?

What kind of ratio range should a newb to med sups with many years of insurance selling experience expect to average regarding cold calls to create leads, DM Leads to presentations, resulting sales?

Talk to Daytona guy, he specializes in that

I'm considering adding med sup sales by telephone to my biz and hoping to get some guidance with setting some production goals. If you were going to start over selling med sups by phone and had the capital to choose, would you do DM, TM, hire and train a caller or create the leads yourself? What kind of ratio range should a newb to med sups with many years of insurance selling experience expect to average regarding cold calls to create leads, DM Leads to presentations, resulting sales?

Mavrik-

I am new to med supp myself. I just signed up for Daytona_Guy's training site last night. Been on it all morning. It's laden with quality content. Check it out!

The numbers are hard to quantify and vary from person to person. That being said, an outbound telemarketer is the best option for reasonably priced exclusive leads. You'll want to market outside of Florida as well.

As for closing ratio, you never know if someone you talk to will even qualify for the coverage as I think you want to talk with anyone who shows interest rather than having a tm qualify them upfront. Because of that closing ratio can't really be quantified unless all you are working in the T65 market and even then it is hard. What may work for Chris or for me, may not for you.

Chris has a great web site that can be very detail specific about Tele-sales for Med Sups.

A few things to think about-

Outsource the calling, don't waste your valuable time attempting to generate leads. Spend your time on the phone making presentations and closing deals.

Your closing ratio will be lower than face to face when making presentations. This means you will need more a lot more leads!

Exclusive Internet leads can work well but cost a lot per lead which can eat into your ROI.

I know agents who are exclusively using TM leads for Med Sups that are less than $10 a lead who see an ROI of 2X - 3X

Chris has a great web site that can be very detail specific about Tele-sales for Med Sups. A few things to think about- Outsource the calling, don't waste your valuable time attempting to generate leads. Spend your time on the phone making presentations and closing deals. Your closing ratio will be lower than face to face when making presentations. This means you will need more a lot more leads! Exclusive Internet leads can work well but cost a lot per lead which can eat into your ROI. I know agents who are exclusively using TM leads for Med Sups that are less than $10 a lead who see an ROI of 2X - 3X

You wouldn't know where to get such leads would you? :-)

Back