New MOO Company!

Frank Stastny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Florida
The new Mutual of Omaha company was just announced. I just glanced at the rates but they look great. It is going to require the agent to sign a new contract with their existing FMO but MOO is not permitting any transfers at this time.

The initial states it will be available in are WV, SC, PA, OH, OH Select, MI, MD, KY, CT.

You can e-mail me or give me a call for more information. [email protected] or 573.544.4091

Is there some new terms that are advantageous to MOO and not to the agent ? Why the new contract ?

This is so typical of MoO. They have a "new" carrier with great rates. After they experience some claims they start another "new" carrier.

The rates of the old company skyrocket because healthy people migrate to the new company.

This is not as big an issue in CA because of the birthday rule, but I would think twice before I use them in other states.

Rick

We should not need to go to same FMO. It is after all a new contract and a new company. UGG

Is there an over under bet on the first increase?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I believe I said it is the rates. The rates look great. Great rates are advantageous to all involved.

I think he was asking what was advantageous about signing a new contract? Hopefully it is so we can do internal replacements with full commish...:twitchy:

Last edited:
The original rates that were sent out were actually the wrong rates...this was a mistake on MOO's part. I would be glad to send the correct rates...(for the new Omaha insurance states) just send me PM. (I do not offer contracts :) )
Just want to get the correct rates to anyone who wants them. MOO actually priced themselves to not be the cheapest this time. The pricing actually makes sense and is not way below everyone else.

This is so typical of MoO. They have a "new" carrier with great rates. After they experience some claims they start another "new" carrier.

The rates of the old company skyrocket because healthy people migrate to the new company.

This is not as big an issue in CA because of the birthday rule, but I would think twice before I use them in other states.

Rick

I am glad I have AARP in Florida.Nobody touches their rate stability in Florida. In north Florida plan F was 145.00 for age 65 in 2005 and now its 171.50. I sell that feature more than any other beside the fact its almost always the lowest premium to begin with. I would be embarrassed to have to keep going back to my existing customers and having to rewrite their policy every 2 years to a higher age band with " the same company -only cheaper". Seniors hate change even if it saves a few dollars

Latest posts

Back