New Mutual of Omaha Combo Plan

Insuranceman

Guru
100+ Post Club
I just receive a phone call from Mutual of Omaha about a new med supp final expense combo plan. Does anyone know anything about this new plan?

AWWW..c'mon. Is that your teaser? What else you got to say? Didn't they tell you anything except//"hey, we got a combo life and med supp! Stay tuned!"

How come I never get those phone calls....been with them for 10 + years. What does it take?

From their website, for anyone that's interested. Sounds like what Continental Life did a few years ago......

Join the Med Supp/Whole Life Teleconference on Feb. 24.

You'll get more from your Medicare supplement sales when you take advantage of a Med Supp/Whole Life Teleconference meeting from United of Omaha. When you participate, you'll see more:
  • protection for your clients
  • sales from one application
  • commission for you
Learn how one simple application will allow you to provide your clients a Med supp product and whole life insurance. To learn more about how to sell Med Supp/Whole Life, participate in one of these two teleconferences:
  • Tuesday, Feb. 24, at 9:00 a.m. CT and 3:00 p.m. CT
Call (877) 511-4819 and ask for the Med Supp/Whole Life Teleconference.

It's nothing more than a combo "sale". Not product. All on one application. And it'll be a tougher FE sale since they have to pass all the medicare supplement questions on the application. The questions on MO's supplements are tougher than most FE applications.

Maybe there's an upside I don't see.

It's nothing more than a combo "sale". Not product. All on one application. And it'll be a tougher FE sale since they have to pass all the medicare supplement questions on the application. The questions on MO's supplements are tougher than most FE applications.

Maybe there's an upside I don't see.

Continental Life did it to get their rating improved. It was around "B" rated because AM Best said they didn't have a high enough volume of life policies.

Maybe M of O is trying to increase their life volume. I've never written a life policy for them. Must be a new product with a more competitive rate.

That would be an interesting product. I will call tomorrow and check it out.

It's nothing new. It's not really a "combo". It's still two seperate policy's but written on the same app. You can't add to or take away from a standardized medicare supplement policy. Loyal American has been doing it for a while now.

It's nothing new. It's not really a "combo". It's still two seperate policy's but written on the same app. You can't add to or take away from a standardized medicare supplement policy. Loyal American has been doing it for a while now.

Loyal will actually send a certificate with the med supp policy that has the option to purchase life insurance with no additional health questions. They just have to choose how much they want. Easy sale.

Back