The New Prorated Commissions...Suck!

Agentinjax

Expert
Someone please remind me why all of the carriers have gone to this method again? I just finished running PUP leads...same work..half the pay now that its July. Only gets worse as the year progresses...smdh.

Someone please remind me why all of the carriers have gone to this method again? I just finished running PUP leads...same work..half the pay now that its July. Only gets worse as the year progresses...smdh.

They don't want to advance you beyond the current plan year because your client may not be in that plan for the next plan year.

Your commission amount did not get cut. The method of how you get paid changed.

They don't want to advance you beyond the current plan year because your client may not be in that plan for the next plan year.

Your commission amount did not get cut. The method of how you get paid changed.

Yep, only makes sense.

I imagine companies were getting stuck with advance balances that crap agents never paid back.

Pup leads? I guess you mean the people that used to be on pup you got them to switch to a new plan.
Your commissions are not cut. You got paid $106 and you get renewals on all those starting jan 1. Not bad IMO

Wrong! It was a paycut for first time enrollees. UHC is making up for this, belatedly, by paying full commission for first time enrollees the rest of the year and then renewals start Jan 1st.

Wrong! It was a paycut for first time enrollees. UHC is making up for this, belatedly, by paying full commission for first time enrollees the rest of the year and then renewals start Jan 1st.

I work mainly with T65's. I haven't seen one dime cut. Maybe you should contact your fmo

I work mainly with T65's. I haven't seen one dime cut. Maybe you should contact your fmo
Same here. I work mostly age in as well and have gotten the full amount on every single one of them.

Last edited:
I was wondering about Pup "leads" as well. Did about 50 PUP sep's off referrals and most of them mentioned getting between 5-10 different agents calling them. Sounds like the computers got raided for PII before the agents left.

Think of it this way, The new compensation schedule makes the entry for new agents harder. Only the strong will survive and it should eliminate competition.

I understand but, the thing is, i think most of us dont get a bunch of disenrollments/chargebacks. When we do its typically because the person died or the plan mad some drastic change like drop 365 docs out of their network at one time in my county. "Cough" UHC 2013. So to do this to help control chargebacks? Hmmm. Whatever reason, I miss that 213.

Back