Newspaper Ad for AEP

brehenyj

I was thinking about putting an add in the local weekly paper during AEP for Medicare Advantage. Has anyone tried this with any degree of success? :1wink:

I was thinking about putting an add in the local weekly paper during AEP for Medicare Advantage. Has anyone tried this with any degree of success? :1wink:

Be careful....CMS has a ton of rules and regulations about what you can and cannot say in any ads that pertain to AEP and MA plans.

Be careful....CMS has a ton of rules and regulations about what you can and cannot say in any ads that pertain to AEP and MA plans.
Not sure what tons there are. There is one: no plan specific information. Carriers have one, too: no mention of their company without permission.

A lot of the carriers have preaproved ads in their tool box. I was wondering if it is worth the money?

----------

A lot of the carriers have preaproved ads in their tool box. I was wondering if it is worth the money?

You can mention you offer Medicare Advantage Plans (you have to say plans after Medicare Advantage and Medicare has to be capitalized) but you cannot go into plan details or any specifics.

Do you think you can put in an ad that says "I will tell why buying a Medicare Advantage Plan is a bad idea" or " I will show you why a MAPD will end up costing you more"or something like that? Who would need to approve it?

Do you think you can put in an ad that says "I will tell why buying a Medicare Advantage Plan is a bad idea" or " I will show you why a MAPD will end up costing you more"or something like that? Who would need to approve it?

Well other than lying to seniors the other problem would be getting that approved from CMS

Edit: I guess technically you're not mentioning any ma plans so maybe it wouldn't need to be approved

MOO has a brochure called Medicare Dis-Advantage.

At least...they used to.

Back