No Appreciation for the Agent

axeman462

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I need to vent

I recently enrolled someone in a Humana MAPD, and when she got a "welcome call" from humana, the lady on the phone started talking to her about the benefits, and for some reason decided a different plan was better for her. The person I enrolled, changed to a different humana mapd, and now I get a chargeback. Even though Humana is collecting a monthly premium still, and the client is still with humana, i get screwed with a chargeback!

And the icing on the cake... she changed over to a worse plan.

Fu(k Yoo Humana.

Been saying for years that they are the debil himself. :yes:

But, they are not alone in kicking the agent to the curb. Every company out there would get rid of agents if they could find a way to get their products sold directly to the public without agents.

Humana is just leading the charge.

I need to vent I recently enrolled someone in a Humana MAPD, and when she got a "welcome call" from humana, the lady on the phone started talking to her about the benefits, and for some reason decided a different plan was better for her. The person I enrolled, changed to a different humana mapd, and now I get a chargeback. Even though Humana is collecting a monthly premium still, and the client is still with humana, i get screwed with a chargeback! And the icing on the cake... she changed over to a worse plan. Fu(k Yoo Humana.

Weird, I know we're in the same area and didn't know they would do that. I would call Humana and my upline definitely.

I have not had this happen, although it does not surprise me, but whenever I enroll someone into one of their drug plans through the agent portal, I do not include a phone number. I see no reason to have those idiots calling my folks.

I need to vent I recently enrolled someone in a Humana MAPD, and when she got a "welcome call" from humana, the lady on the phone started talking to her about the benefits, and for some reason decided a different plan was better for her. The person I enrolled, changed to a different humana mapd, and now I get a chargeback. Even though Humana is collecting a monthly premium still, and the client is still with humana, i get screwed with a chargeback! And the icing on the cake... she changed over to a worse plan. Fu(k Yoo Humana.

I wonder if there is anything the DOI could do here. I wonder if the person doing the "welcome call" was even licensed.

Allow me to preface this by stating that I've been an agent for more than 33 years and the contempt demonstrated by insurance carriers is growing. I've always insisted on a personal delivery of each and every policy. I will NEVER mail a policy to a client.

In 1981 when I began my career every insurance company recommended that the writing agent deliver his life, disability, and health policies. Just two years later I decided to sell group health plans and I requested that every group health plan I sold be sent to me so that I could verify the accuracy and the content of the package for the group client and each employee. By meeting with each employee it made me a very familiar agent in the area. At about the turn of the millennium I noticed that some of my new group plans were being shipped directly to the employer. I then called that insurance company and I was told that they were no longer permitting the group packages to be shipped to the agent. At that time it annoyed me but I simply instructed the employer to contact me when the package arrived and then I would reaffirm the benefits for each employee. This was greatly appreciated by each and every employer.

It wasn't long before I noticed that some of the insurance companies were shipping individual health policies directly to the client. This really annoyed me. I then decided not to do business with any company that placed no value in the services of their agents.

Now it's 2014 and I'm seeing that some of the life companies are sending the approved life policies directly to the client. YES! DIRECTLY TO THE CLIENT WITH NO EXCEPTIONS! One of them is Gerber Life. I rarely have to write a guaranteed life policy but I will no longer use Gerber Life.

I have plenty more to express but my time is limited. I'd like to hear more from others regarding this issue. Thank you.

They all do that. If you write a PDP you can be 100% certain that they will call that person and try to sell them an MAPD, a supplement, or anything they have available. I've ran into that situation many times.

Yes....Cannibalism at it's finest!! We farm, they harvest.

----------

Got another idea for ;you:

Have you considered how this Medicare Advantage business is DE-stabilizing the doctors practice??

Think about it! The PCP indy dr has a practice, but now if he chose the wrong mapd carrier, that block may shift to another because of 0 premium.
low or no copays, whatever. Not to mention additional paperwork---just like us---to be in compliance.

Now I understand the concierge practice.

Yes....Cannibalism at it's finest!! We farm, they harvest.

----------

Got another idea for ;you:

Have you considered how this Medicare Advantage business is DE-stabilizing the doctors practice??

Think about it! The PCP indy dr has a practice, but now if he chose the wrong mapd carrier, that block may shift to another because of 0 premium.
low or no copays, whatever. Not to mention additional paperwork---just like us---to be in compliance.

Now I understand the concierge practice.

Why do you think so many doctors are selling out to the hospital? They are selling their practice to the hospital based one and basically becoming employees of the hospital?

The practice becomes large enough, it is hard for the carrier to be without them. Also, it shifts all the compliance and paperwork off on to a larger staff.

Back