No More LEAN for UHC Field Agents???

1 or 2 agents on this forum posted about getting dinged,earlier this year, for just that being on the phone with client when enrollment was completed.This is the reason I stopped using it

You had me worried so I looked up the thread that discussed this before "Helping Clients with Part D Can Be a Violation" and you can be on the phone when using mymedicareenroll just not in person or screen share - and obviously it has to be an inbound call.

"Agents are prohibited from completing the web enrollment on behalf of the consumer or at the consumer’s request. However, an agent may be on the telephone in order to assist the consumer with a web enrollment.
Agents must not be physically present with the consumer when a consumer is completing a web-based enrollment and must not engage in any screen sharing with the consumer through an internet connection (e.g., the consumer gives the agent control of the consumer’s computer to complete a web enrollment via WebEx) unless agreed to by the Vice President of Sales Oversight and the Compliance Officer.
Completing a web enrollment through the web-based enrollment tool on behalf of a consumer may be considered fraud"

https://sms-university.com/blog/compliance-alert/

Read where it says you can use retail site and they just put your info in there..1st year doing AEP but would this work?

You had me worried so I looked up the thread that discussed this before "Helping Clients with Part D Can Be a Violation" and you can be on the phone when using mymedicareenroll just not in person or screen share - and obviously it has to be an inbound call.

"Agents are prohibited from completing the web enrollment on behalf of the consumer or at the consumer’s request. However, an agent may be on the telephone in order to assist the consumer with a web enrollment.
Agents must not be physically present with the consumer when a consumer is completing a web-based enrollment and must not engage in any screen sharing with the consumer through an internet connection (e.g., the consumer gives the agent control of the consumer’s computer to complete a web enrollment via WebEx) unless agreed to by the Vice President of Sales Oversight and the Compliance Officer.
Completing a web enrollment through the web-based enrollment tool on behalf of a consumer may be considered fraud"

https://sms-university.com/blog/compliance-alert/

I was one of the agents dinged for non-commpliance regarding the use of the consumer site (one of my best friends enrolled in a PDP plan, of all things) and when I spoke to the UHC Compliance person was given the distinct feeling like any contact with the client while the form was being filled out was a potential problem. I made the decision at that point in time to never use the site again because it just isn't worth the risk to me regardless of what their compliance procedures indicate.

I was one of the agents dinged for non-commpliance regarding the use of the consumer site (one of my best friends enrolled in a PDP plan, of all things) and when I spoke to the UHC Compliance person was given the distinct feeling like any contact with the client while the form was being filled out was a potential problem. I made the decision at that point in time to never use the site again because it just isn't worth the risk to me regardless of what their compliance procedures indicate.

Yipes, watch out everyone. Happy AEP!

Back