No Part A, Only Part B

JimmyUt

Guru
1000 Post Club
Utah
I have never run across this one, but a family friend from Canada is a few years away from Part A eligibility, but does have Part B. Can he get a PDP? Some of the language I have read is very ambiguous.

I have never run across this one, but a family friend from Canada is a few years away from Part A eligibility, but does have Part B. Can he get a PDP? Some of the language I have read is very ambiguous.

My understanding is that they either have to be eligible for Part A OR enrolled in Part B to qualify for PDP. So in this scenario they could get a PDP.

If you really want to double double check then call Medicare and ask what his Part D entitlement date is. Unless he has an SEP, should be good for AEP to get a PDP.

My understanding is that they either have to be eligible for Part A OR enrolled in Part B to qualify for PDP. So in this scenario they could get a PDP.

That's what I read, but wanted to know if anyone else had experience. Thx

I just did my AHIP this morning for 2016. And it said exactly that. I was surprised, I guess all this time I was thinking MAPD was same as PDP, guess not.

I'm still trying to figure this out. How could they have Part B before Part A? The only think I can think of off the top of my head would be disability?

If they are not American they would have to have worked at least 10 years for Part A in the states. I thought Part A was a prerequisite for Part B? Am I mistaken here?

I have had 4 of these in the past year! Mine have been worthless foreigners who eventually get Part A covered by the taxpayers PLUS Full Medicaid. It infuriates me that our own seniors must work their 40 Quarters to have coverage, yet foreigners are allowed to game the system and receive it all FREE. I contacted Rep Blake Farenthold's office to find out how they are doing this. No phone call as of yet.

Btw, their Medicare claim numbers end with the letter "M"- whose suffix means "Uninsured"

Last edited:
I have had 4 of these in the past year! Mine have been worthless foreigners who eventually get Part A covered by the taxpayers PLUS Full Medicaid. It infuriates me that our own seniors must work their 40 Quarters to have coverage, yet foreigners are allowed to game the system and receive it all FREE. I contacted Rep Blake Farenthold's office to find out how they are doing this. No phone call as of yet.
The "worthless foreigners" you speak of do not receive it all FREE. You are uninformed. Holding my breath waiting for Blake to chime in. Hope he responds soon; I'm turning blue.

Last edited:
The "worthless foreigners" you speak of do not receive it all FREE. You are uninformed. Holding my breath waiting for Blake to chime in. Hope he responds soon; I'm turning blue.

Speak for yourself. I know what I saw. Each had Full Medicare and Medicaid (MQMB) benefits. If you're turning Blue, it's because you voted for a stinky Dumbocrat.

Back