No Wonder Our Seniors Are Confused . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
That $17 makes that much difference to you?

Have you ever stood in a grocery store 2 days before Thanksgiving, with a $20 bill in your pocket, no clue when or where the next $20 bill will come, watching people truck by with baskets full of food, snagging turkeys out of the meat case, wondering how best to spend that for a family of 4 AFTER allowing for a gallon of milk and sales tax?

Have you ever stood in a grocery store 2 days before Thanksgiving, with a $20 bill in your pocket, no clue when or where the next $20 bill will come, watching people truck by with baskets full of food, snagging turkeys out of the meat case, wondering how best to spend that for a family of 4 AFTER allowing for a gallon of milk and sales tax?

Have I been broke before? Yes.

What that has to do with someone worrying about $17 a year in their med sup decision is beyond my comprehension.

My responses in Red . . .

----------

Now Now Thomas - we weren't born yesterday. Client has to initiate contact in one way or fashion my man . . .

There again - friggin Scope and Consent to contact form - just more confusion for the client . . . Agents going to either do it right or get around it.

You should really listen to Green Sky (Rick).
Taking the easy way out by telling your agents to only sell Plan F shows your lack of management skills. Those policies are in danger of being replaced by Plan G, N or HDF plans.
You should be showing seniors how to save money.
Its either "Man at work or Money at Work":yes:

----------

You're a special kind of stupid.

Did you enjoy being on the short bus in school?

Rick

Iwillpay supports this post 100%.

----------

No wonder our Seniors are confused . . .

Some MA Carriers have 4 different plans with practically no difference in plan benefits except maybe $0 premium, or a $5 difference in co-pay or $1 less copay on a Tier 1 drug . . .

Over 60 counties in GA and one plan works in 20 counties, one in 40 counties and some counties nada with that specific carrier . . .

F Plan Med Sup makes sense if they can afford it all the way . . . No worries. Get sick - they pay - all of it too!

Thankfully I put my Mom on a F Plan 5 years ago. No worries - just pay premiums. She spent 6 weeks in hospital and 45 days inpatient physical therapy this year. No worries . . .

Perfect reason for every Senior to have a personal Insurance Agent Adviser.

Met a fairly healthy 89 year old female prospect recently paying $256.00 for plan F.
Was able to get a another med supp for her for $111.00 she was so happy
with the savings she had to work with.
"Man at work or Money at Work":yes:

What that has to do with someone worrying about $17 a year in their med sup decision is beyond my comprehension.

It's just one little wave in the flood, year after year after year that finally becomes overwhelming.

This year's social security increase is consumed by the increase in Part B premiums. But, the Part B deductible goes up. All the costs not covered by Medicare go up. Part D goes up. The part D deductible goes up. The part D out of pocket maximum goes up. The drug costs go up. Food costs go up. and so on. Over a period of time there is no way an individual dependent, or primarily dependent, upon the Social Security system for income can cope with that financial pressure. I can still eat beyond peanut butter and buy gas for a car, but I can begin to see very clearly how that can change.

It's just a little piece of the overwhelming financial progressions that will reduce the ability of some of your client to pay even for a final expense type policy.

That $17 makes that much difference to you? And how does the "explanation side" have any effect on whether it's a better deal or not?

I'm going to show the G as well. But - to be able to say - . . . for just $____ a month Bob - only thing you need to pull out your wallet is your Med Sup card. No worries . . .

I've read several stories on the forum where clients simply wanted the F plan and nothing else. I'm glad my mom has a F plan.

Plan F will have to take a rate increase now or did you think the insurance company is just going to cover the higher deductible? :no:

Not necessarily. Looking at 2 carriers rates for 2017 - there is $0 change in the premium on their F plan for a 69 female ns . . .

$183 vs $166 just sounds more expensive . . . Like $2.16 a gallon for gas vs $1.99 . . .

You should really listen to Green Sky (Rick).
Taking the easy way out by telling your agents to only sell Plan F shows your lack of management skills. Those policies are in danger of being replaced by Plan G, N or HDF plans.

We'll show both F and G . . .

ricky is a douche - hope he breaks a hip when he falls off his high horse . . .

Met a fairly healthy 89 year old female prospect recently paying $256.00 for plan F. Was able to get a another med supp for her for $111.00 she was so happy with the savings she had to work with.

Yea - very doubtful . . .

Met a fairly healthy 89 year old female prospect recently paying $256.00 for plan F.
Was able to get a another med supp for her for $111.00 she was so happy
with the savings she had to work with.
"Man at work or Money at Work":yes:

What Plan did you switch her to? What company?:skeptical:

Medicare Advantage to the rescue again. Look carefully, Levemir flexpen AND novolog flex pen is $0 and in the donut hole its $0. Notice, his monthly drug cost goes down in the donut hole. Hard not to choose that plan.

Cheapest Part D plan? $3,288

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back