Number of Policies in Force

Spud

Expert
Hi, i am looking for a source of information that has the count of medigap policies in force for each insurance company offering such by state. I use to see this available when each company filed their annual financials with the state dept of insurance...not anymore.
I am in touch with naic for the answer to this but wanted to see if anyone else found a source for this information.

Hi, i am looking for a source of information that has the count of medigap policies in force for each insurance company offering such by state. I use to see this available when each company filed their annual financials with the state dept of insurance...not anymore.
I am in touch with naic for the answer to this but wanted to see if anyone else found a source for this information.

I would think that info would be available at each states DOI...it used to be.

CSG has it by insurance company on their quote engine...

From Georgia CSG

Oxford Life - 18 yrs in business, 23k national policyholders, 161 in state.

Reserve National- 25 yrs, 17k national, 152 in state

Christian Fidelity - 36 yrs, 9.8k national, 1 in the state

Equitable - 48 yrs, 59k national, 610 in state (I have around 150)

From Georgia CSG

Oxford Life - 18 yrs in business, 23k national policyholders, 161 in state.

Reserve National- 25 yrs, 17k national, 152 in state

Christian Fidelity - 36 yrs, 9.8k national, 1 in the state

Equitable - 48 yrs, 59k national, 610 in state (I have around 150)

Way to go Bob, you have nearly 25% of Equitable business in Georgia.

Back