Nursing Home and Assisted Living Pharmacies

beachbum2012

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So one of my clients was admitted to an assisted living facility earlier this year. Both he and his wife are clients. He's on ~13 different meds right now. It sounds like the facility uses their own mail order pharmacy called OneCare which is located about 90 minutes away. When I search for this pharmacy with a couple different insurance companies' PDPs, I can't find it in either the preferred or even standard pharmacy network. However, when the wife called them they said they accept every Medicare PDP.

Since it's mail order, would it just fall under the class of "standard mail-order"? Anybody have experience with client's drug plans in these types of facilities?

Of course they accept any PDP/MAPD. Copay's will probably be higher, but you can use them.

You can use your PDP/MAPD at any pharmacy. To get preferred pricing you should use a preferred pharmacy.

Many facilities use 3rd party mail houses to deliver pills in bubble packs since they are distributed to each patient in the facility by staff. Always check with facilities to be sure their supplier works with a particular PDP. I've had occasions where these entities were not able to use all PDP plans.

Back