Is the Old Plan J Viable

I was debating with another agent the other day whether or not the old standardized plan j was still a viable plan for an existing customer, of if they would be better served in another plan for example a modernized plan f or d.

My belief is the majority would be better served on a f or a d, to save the monthly premium.

What are your thoughts?

I was debating with another agent the other day whether or not the old standardized plan j was still a viable plan for an existing customer, of if they would be better served in another plan for example a modernized plan f or d.

My belief is the majority would be better served on a f or a d, to save the monthly premium.

What are your thoughts?

Plan J is no longer available from any company. Medicare pulled it last June.

If you encounter a senior who has a Plan J move them immediately to either a Plan D, G, or F if F isn't grossly over priced when compared to a D or G. In most instances and areas across the country Plan D is my preferred plan to recommend.

Plan J is a closed piece of business and premiums are going to get very expensive in the coming years.

If you encounter a senior who has a Plan J move them immediately to either a Plan D, G, or F

First, find out if the plan J is w/Rx or not.
If their plan J is w/Rx and you move them to Modern D, G or F, they would lose their Rx coverage until they could pick up a Part D 1.01.12.

Plan J is no longer available from any company. Medicare pulled it last June.

If you encounter a senior who has a Plan J move them immediately to either a Plan D, G, or F if F isn't grossly over priced when compared to a D or G. In most instances and areas across the country Plan D is my preferred plan to recommend.

Plan J is a closed piece of business and premiums are going to get very expensive in the coming years.

What Frank meant to say is depending on your states laws....I still have clients on Moo PLan Js and the premium on some are still the lowest premium in the state compared to Plan Fs out there...Aloing with a state law that guarantees me the ability to move them your advice is wrong in my state.

What Frank meant to say is depending on your states laws....I still have clients on Moo PLan Js and the premium on some are still the lowest premium in the state compared to Plan Fs out there...Aloing with a state law that guarantees me the ability to move them your advice is wrong in my state.

I guess I was speaking to the masses. I do realize that there are some states that permit seniors to move from company to company with out the need to answer health questions. However, there are only a very few.

If I were in a state that would require them to answer health questions and they could successfully answer them today I would recommend they move to a different plan now while they can still do so. I would do that even if Plan J was still slightly less than say a Plan D, G or F. I can guarantee that it won't stay less for an indefinite period of time.

Thank you for all your responses.

I understand Plan J is a closed piece, and sorry I didn't specify plan j w/o RX. My main state of business is in Washington. Washington is one of "those" states where you can move pretty much any time to any carrier, without health questions.

In the above posts, that is right, this person should have already been moved to another plan with part D or a MA with part D.

I still have dozens on J with UOO. It is still well priced and the clients do not see a reason to move. In addition in most states (all that I do business) UOO and it's affiliates offer a GI to "any" plan offered by UOO or it's affiliates any time the client wants. So, there is no hurry. That GI is always there for those I carefully put in J.

Latest posts

Back