One Chance for a Plan F which Carrier Do You Think is Best?

I have a gentleman that has a ton of meds and he will be open enrollment for a supp. He likes the supp idea, but he will pretty much be stuck on the supp I get for him, so I wanted to recommend a plan G and I was wondering who in your mind if you had to be stuck on a med supp would you go with?

Medico or Cigna?

Trying to figure out the best long term rate stability between the two.
I know Cigna is a huge beast of a company but Medico just got out the B's...

appreciate any feedback!

If you are looking Plan G, I would recommend Philadelphia American/ New Era if available. Outside of that Medico appears to have a better overall rate history and lower increases, at least in my area.

Go big, BCBS or AARP. AARP = long term stability over all others.

I don't know the rates where he is at but why would you make a client pay extra from the get go? The reason UHC and Anthem/BCBS have stable rate increases is because they are already 50%+ more than other companies already. Depending on his conditions he could move to UHC pretty easily in the future.

LOL at Cigna. If they're still selling on their current block in 3 years, I'd be amazed.

I'd say BC/BS, at least in Texas. They haven't had a increase >7% in the last 10 years, and have gone down twice.

They may start higher than market today, but if he has no future chance of changing, he'll pass what they are in a few years.

Plan F in Missouri, even with our anniversary GI law, .1% increase for 2015. 4.8% decrease on Plan N.

I am in Illinois so I can only speak for carriers in Illinois. Combined is my favorite, solid company, 3.3% avg age increase, and good cust. service

Back