One Exchange Able to Get G Medigap Guaranteed Issue?

Not much. I think it is based on years of service and if they took early retirement, etc. It will cover their PDP premium with enough left over for dental so they are signing up through them with that. I was surprised at how little they were getting compared to some other private retiree exchanges (AT&T, etc)

DK.

Carrier has the right to accept any plan GI, not just the standard ones outlined on Mcare.gov

TransAm was the carrier used at the time. They don't write through brokers (other than consulting firms with private exchanges).

When I encounter resistance, or stupidity, or both, I move on. Enough low hanging fruit out there without beating my head against a wall.

If the client see's the light before it is too late they know where to find me.

I did hear from folks I talked to later that G/N were not available GI. Guess Aon and the reps got spanked and promised not to do it again.

I, recently, had to correct one of Aon's reps (friend of mine) on this point so I know they are and will continue to make this mistake. Aon has a revolving door mentality when it comes to their reps so they are littered with rookies every year and they make same mistakes.

Aon reps make around $17/hour and have had a few weeks training, mostly on how to use the computer system. You will never find one that understands Medicare.

Damn shame these big companies terminate the retiree health plan then shuffle the employees into this crap.

I don't have a problem with terminating the health plan. Retiree benefits are sinking companies and municipal groups alike. But turning them over to flunkies to advise on Medicare options is a sin.

Aon, Towers, etc make big bucks selling the employer on the idea of a private exchange. Meanwhile the retiree is screwed.

Back