Open Season/ Medicare

stankup1

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I used to be in the health insurance market.
Some guys or gals say they are making a fortune
in open season on med supplements or Medicare
advantage. What is your take?

There is no open season for med supps as they are sold year round. Lots of agents doing very well with MAPD products during AEP.

I used to be in the health insurance market. Some guys or gals say they are making a fortune in open season on med supplements or Medicare advantage. What is your take?

What happened to "the best Mortgage Protection leads ever"?

Or are you needing to jump from that ship like you did with FE?

As has been stated, there is no "open season" on Med Supp. There is an Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) for Medicare Advantage and PDP. That begins October 15th and ends December 7th. If you're going to participate this year you better get on the certifications and appointments with carriers. We're a little over 6 weeks out. Some carriers require a face to face certification if it's your first time with them and there may only be a handful of opportunities to get those completed at this point.

As far as "making a fortune", the Medicare market isn't a get rich quick market. You can definitely build a nice income, but it doesn't happen overnight. Another thing to consider, any business done in AEP with a January 1 effective date won't pay a commission until sometime in January at the earliest. With some carriers it's February. So if you are going after that market this AEP, just be prepared not to be paid on any MAPD business for a few months.

Gooner I am so happy your concern over my market selection and products. I understand that
some agents sell and recruit to more than one
area of this fine business.

----------

Thanks Sman. appreciate it!

So many want to just hit MA hard during AEP Only and talk of it as a get rich quick, Then you never hear about them again next year.

Must be they made there fortunes and they are on a beach on some tropical island drinking mai tais

Back