Opening a Call Center

Jvickers159

Hello,

I am opening a call center for Med Supps. Going to start out with 15 agents. Would love some incite from current and previous call center owners. We have a general foundation of how we are going to proceed but any extra knowledge regarding payouts, incentives, leads, etc. We will provide all training, leads, crm, and office space. Here are some questions.

1. Did you use an autodialer?
2. Where did you get your leads/lists from? And were the lists mostly T65 or 66-69?
3. How many phone calls did you have your agents make per day?
4. Did you have sales quotas?
5. Did you have different rolls for people in the office ex. callers, closers, managers, etc?
6. What were daily/monthly/yearly incentives?

Any help and information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Your starting a call center and those are the questions you have? The successful agents I've met have the process fine tuned and THEN they reproduce it like you are trying.

I have 500k to invest and over 3,000 clients as an agency. Dont take these general questions as incompetence. I am merely here for any extra advice and not trying to reinvent the wheel.

What types of leads did you use to get 3000 clients? That's an amazing accomplishment.

1. Did you use an autodialer? - really it's the only way to go, remember that you're probably calling nationwide, the autodialer will allow you to set up calls based on time zones, what states the agents are licensed in, etc.

2. Where did you get your leads/lists from? I work for a call center now, the leads are from a combination of sources including websites, Facebook, mail - in's and other sources
And were the lists mostly T65 or 66-69? Good question. Not sure.

3. How many phone calls did you have your agents make per day? That is going to depend on several factors of course. On ave I would use 100 - 125 as a good number.

4. Did you have sales quotas? A call center is going to lose 1/3 of its staff at any given time. You need to have reasonable goals. For example, right now we're expected to hit 25 sales before even talking about bonus monies. Out of 25 agents only two have hit that number as of today. Although two are close and several are within striking distance. Last month the goal was 30.
5. Did you have different rolls for people in the office ex. callers, closer's, managers, etc? - Supervisors and managers have particular roles that is true. However every center I've worked in (Banking or Insurance) expected the salesperson to close the call. They also were expected to serve a customer service role.
6. What were daily/monthly/yearly incentives? That's always a sore spot. Right now the monthly incentives are lower than what agents made in the past...of course that has to do with several factors. If you take care of the better agents, they will take care of you.

Back