Opinions on when It Isn't Appropriate to Call a Lead?

newengland_Dan

I receive med-sup leads thru a couple different sites. I'm new to insurance, but I'm generally a quick study with new things. Anyway, I was hoping to get some input from you guys about when you draw the line for calling web leads. Since web leads can come to you at any time, and they are often shared with several other agents, I understand that timing is key. I generally do not call on sundays, because often times people react poorly to getting solicitation call when they get home from church or are about to sit down for sunday evening dinner with the whole family. That said, if you receive lead on sunday do usually call it? or wait till monday morning? If you do call, do you use the standard calling hours, or use different cut off times for sundays?

Thanks for your input!

I receive med-sup leads thru a couple different sites. I'm new to insurance, but I'm generally a quick study with new things. Anyway, I was hoping to get some input from you guys about when you draw the line for calling web leads. Since web leads can come to you at any time, and they are often shared with several other agents, I understand that timing is key. I generally do not call on sundays, because often times people react poorly to getting solicitation call when they get home from church or are about to sit down for sunday evening dinner with the whole family. That said, if you receive lead on sunday do usually call it? or wait till monday morning? If you do call, do you use the standard calling hours, or use different cut off times for sundays?

Thanks for your input!

Someone really sat down to dinner with their whole family?!!! You mean, not on TV? Are you talking about a reality show? The Osbornes maybe?

I don't call anyone after 8:00pm weekdays, 5:30 Saturdays, or ever on Sunday. I also hold off on Christmas and Christmas eve, and New Years day.

I personally take Ground Hogs day off also since that is the only Holiday that has not been taken over by Hallmark (in memory of my Dad.)

If a weblead comes in on a Sunday I will call it. Have called a weblead on Thanksgiving and made the sale. It's a judgement call on that though. I don't call after 8:30 and usually not on Sundays. If it is late or a holiday I do send an email explaining who I am, Why I am sending the email, I happened to be close to my computer and checked it, and if they are up to it I will call them. Then I wait for them to respond. That is where my Thanksgiving sale came from and I have made a 3 am call from an email response before.

Dinner with the whole family....nahhhh they're 64+, kids are gone mostly. I say call them but give them an easy out if they seem busy ie lot of background noise. Dont listen to Newby he just wants to beat you to the punch and steal your sale:D

Dinner with the whole family....nahhhh they're 64+, kids are gone mostly. I say call them but give them an easy out if they seem busy ie lot of background noise. Dont listen to Newby he just wants to beat you to the punch and steal your sale:D

I am normally very kind to telemarketers EXCEPT when they call me on Sunday. :1frown:

There are no real leads. It's just me pranking the agents on Sundays.

Latest posts

Back