Options for Under 65 in Nevada

LVBoPeep

Hello,

I'm from Nevada and am a brand-new Medicare agent. I have a under-65 Medicare beneficiary that is enrolled in A & B and her illness forced her to leave her job and her group plan ended on Aug. 31. She really needs a supplement plan but in Nevada the carriers are not required to offer it. Is a Medicare Advantage plan her only option at this point (besides Cobra which would be costly and she doesn't want to keep it)? I think it probably is and would at least limit their out-of-pocket costs (her illness is terminal and costly) but I wouldn't feel right if there was another option to offer her.

Hope my question isn't too silly - I really am brand-new and a bit on my own- I do have good reps to work with but I got my license and Medicare certifications so our agency could start retaining our older clients and I don't want to pester the reps every moment of the day.

Thanks in advance!

Jaime

yes, MA/MAPD is her ONLY option in Nevada. (zip is irrelevant)

if you're looking for a home, our agency is looking for good agents - we have hot marketing opportunities in Medicare

;)

I'm in Las Vegas and I come across this situation often. There are no supplements for under 65. The last one left the market two years ago. Please feel free to message me anytime if you get in a jam. Sometimes it's nice to have someone local to call. . .

It's Las Vegas- 89104.

Thanks for the information and the welcome. I just didn't want to miss anything if there was a better option. I will be back often :) I do have a home that I'm happy with- but I am the only person doing Medicare and the other agents are experienced in everything but Medicare so I will appreciate having the extra help.

It's Las Vegas- 89104. Thanks for the information and the welcome. I just didn't want to miss anything if there was a better option. I will be back often :) I do have a home that I'm happy with- but I am the only person doing Medicare and the other agents are experienced in everything but Medicare so I will appreciate having the extra help.

I meant for Medicare products. With all due respect, if you are on this forum asking such elementary questions regarding Medicare, then perhaps you may want to reconsider. ?

Back