Oxford and Guarantee Issue

I'm the only one in IN in the office. Plus, every time I have had to write a GI no matter the company, I have had to show they were losing coverage. Signed up with oxford already, but haven't written them yet.

----------

I won't have a cancellation letter until he would be approved with a company. So, if the company has to wait for the letter before they will approve...that won't work. Don't want him to be in a situation where he doesn't have proper coverage.

You only need to have a copy of the letter your clients write to cancel their current plan. You don't have to wait for a letter from their current company.

Call Oxford at 800-308-2318 ext.670913 and they'll walk you through it.

I'm the only one in IN in the office. Plus, every time I have had to write a GI no matter the company, I have had to show they were losing coverage. Signed up with oxford already, but haven't written them yet.

----------

I won't have a cancellation letter until he would be approved with a company. So, if the company has to wait for the letter before they will approve...that won't work. Don't want him to be in a situation where he doesn't have proper coverage.

You don't have an upline?

Indiana is a state where voluntarily leaving group is a GI. He will be fine. Just write a letter, have him sign it. All you need.

Just talked with Oxford and they said if he is voluntarily leaving the group plan, it's not GI. If he applied for GI, they would need a letter from the employer. Not sure what to do as this company might be his only hope. Anyone have suggestions to why they said something different?

Just talked with Oxford and they said if he is voluntarily leaving the group plan, it's not GI. If he applied for GI, they would need a letter from the employer. Not sure what to do as this company might be his only hope. Anyone have suggestions to why they said something different?

Try different carriers, some look at it differently, they just don't pay as well for GI(most are 50% or $25). The reason Oxford's popular for GI is they pay full commission for GI. Call some other carriers.

Because they don't understand. They are new to Med Sups. You have to teach them.

Unless they underwrite differently here than where you are, that isn't the case. The application says this

"Enrolled in employer/retiree group health coverage (including COBRA coverage) and canceled because
you could no longer be covered under the terms of the plan, voluntarily left the plan, the company is canceling
the plan in its entirety, or your COBRA coverage ended."

Just put her with CLI. They don't cut GI commissions in In. And will most likely be a better rate than Oxford.

Just put her with CLI. They don't cut GI commissions in In. And will most likely be a better rate than Oxford.

That's what home office told me too but Newby and some else said it was wrong. I dont mess with GI too much so I don't car enough to find out. Medico in IN supposedly pays full comp on GI too. Need a letter though.

Back