Oxford and Guarantee Issue

They never got on the line and offered the call back. I have been on hold with them and they did offer that but not this time.

What's a number to call them and not be on hold? We called the phone number listed on her card. You know, the "customer service" one?

I just call the one off of the agent website. I'm not near a computer to look. I haven't called in a little while so maybe they stopped doing it?

----------

I just need someone to take him at this point without proof from the company that he is losing coverage. That's what most companies have asked for and I would not have it until we cancelled. Well, can't cancel him unless he's approved and he won't qualify with regular underwriting. His wife is in OE because she is about to turn 65. So, I haven't written any GI in IN. IL apps have always required the employer letter. I'm not sure what to do. Lots of different answers. I have Aetna and medico, too. Just need who is easier with getting it through and not asking a lot of questions to whether he is voluntarily or involuntarily leaving.:goofy:

I have the same exact scenario you are going through right now. Just submitted them both to Medico this week electronically. The my enroller program said I need to send in proof of cancelation before they will process the spouses app (one is in OE).
The guy is waiting on his medicare card to arrive because he has to show that to his employer before they will cancel his group plan. Seems odd to me but I didn't look into it. He should have his card soon.

Indiana is a state where voluntarily leaving group is a GI. He will be fine. Just write a letter, have him sign it. All you need.

What do you recommend I put on the letter? Should I also copy the card? I always had a letter in IL for employee losing coverage. This guy won't have one because he's tying to find something cheaper. Paying over 600 a month with wife. She's in OE because she's turning 65

What do you recommend I put on the letter? Should I also copy the card? I always had a letter in IL for employee losing coverage. This guy won't have one because he's tying to find something cheaper. Paying over 600 a month with wife. She's in OE because she's turning 65

I talked to someone at Medico and they said no proof is needed for losing employer coverage. We will see how that goes. It's taking them about 15 business days to issue policies though...:swoon:

I just write a letter from the client to the old insurance company. Telling them to cancel as of xx date because they have gone off the group and taken individual coverage.
Yes. Copy the card.
Not trying to be rude but this is basic stuff. The agency you are working out of should be able to give you a draft of a letter they have used.

I just write a letter from the client to the old insurance company. Telling them to cancel as of xx date because they have gone off the group and taken individual coverage.
Yes. Copy the card.
Not trying to be rude but this is basic stuff. The agency you are working out of should be able to give you a draft of a letter they have used.

I'm not trying to be rude either, but that's not what I meant. I know how to write a cancellation letter for regular business. I'm talking about if Oxford or whatever company wanted a letter stating that they were losing coverage. I won't have that because I can't cancel him until I have proof of the med sup going through. Since it would be voluntary, the guy at oxford said he wouldn't go through as GI unless he was involuntarily losing coverage. I thought you might have meant writing a letter to submit with the new application to help with GI. I've always written GIs in IL and they required a letter from employer. My agency doesn't have a letter to use because we have always had to show proof of employer dropping the client.

----------

I talked to someone at Medico and they said no proof is needed for losing employer coverage. We will see how that goes. It's taking them about 15 business days to issue policies though...:swoon:

Let me know how that goes and if you get paid full commission through them. I would be interested in knowing. Maybe I should summit Oxford and see if they ask for a letter from employer. Don't want to get the guy's hopes up though.

I don't know how else to explain it to you. The people that answer the phones at the companies don't know how each state is different.

I just did one with Oxford exactly how I explained to you. Indiana is a state where voluntarily leaving group is GI. Not all states have that rule.

Back