Oxford and Guarantee Issue

Seniorgirl411

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Indiana
Hi. I have a couple on a group plan that really wants to come off of it. He won't qualify unless it's GI. Oxford I know does a lot of GI. Agents that have written it, do they ask for a letter of losing coverage before they approve it? He's not losing it, so it would be voluntary. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!

Hi. I have a couple on a group plan that really wants to come off of it. He won't qualify unless it's GI. Oxford I know does a lot of GI. Agents that have written it, do they ask for a letter of losing coverage before they approve it? He's not losing it, so it would be voluntary. Any suggestions would help. Thanks!

I haven't had this situation with them, but give them a call and they will tell you exactly what they need. It should be easy as they don't specify voluntary or involuntary under Part One, section D. I would guess a letter or termination would suffice.

Depends on the state. Some states require GI regardless of why ending group. Others don't.

Depends on the state. Some states require GI regardless of why ending group. Others don't.

Indiana is the state and I wouldn't have a letter to show until we cancelled it and don't want to cancel it unless he qualifies with someone. See the catch 22 situation there?

Indiana is the state and I wouldn't have a letter to show until we cancelled it and don't want to cancel it unless he qualifies with someone. See the catch 22 situation there?

You don't need a letter in Indiana. Oxford is one of the only ones that will pay you decent on that biz though. If you don't have them, contact me through the FexContracting.com site and I can show you how to handle that one. I can tell you, your upline needs to be put on notice. This is an easy case they could have walked you through in 5-minutes. Do they even sell Med Sups?

Oxford will accept the cancellation letter that the prospect sends in on GI business.

Yep that's true. And when it comes GI business as to MA non renewals they will work with the prospect as well if they have lost or are having trouble obtaining their non renewal letter. Prospect can write a letter and if you send in general proof that that particular plan is not renewing along with a copy of their current ID card that will work as well. I had to do that with a couple clients, sent in SAR maps and screen shot from med.gov showing zip and no MA plan available.

You don't need a letter in Indiana. Oxford is one of the only ones that will pay you decent on that biz though. If you don't have them, contact me through the FexContracting.com site and I can show you how to handle that one. I can tell you, your upline needs to be put on notice. This is an easy case they could have walked you through in 5-minutes. Do they even sell Med Sups?

I'm the only one in IN in the office. Plus, every time I have had to write a GI no matter the company, I have had to show they were losing coverage. Signed up with oxford already, but haven't written them yet.

----------

Oxford will accept the cancellation letter that the prospect sends in on GI business.

I won't have a cancellation letter until he would be approved with a company. So, if the company has to wait for the letter before they will approve...that won't work. Don't want him to be in a situation where he doesn't have proper coverage.

----------

I won't have a cancellation letter until he would be approved with a company. So, if the company has to wait for the letter before they will approve...that won't work. Don't want him to be in a situation where he doesn't have proper coverage.

A letter from the client with intent to cancel or explaining the situation. It's doesn't need to be sent into the current carrier, just Oxford. Call Oxford for further guidance.

I'm the only one in IN in the office. Plus, every time I have had to write a GI no matter the company, I have had to show they were losing coverage. Signed up with oxford already, but haven't written them yet. ---------- I won't have a cancellation letter until he would be approved with a company. So, if the company has to wait for the letter before they will approve...that won't work. Don't want him to be in a situation where he doesn't have proper coverage.

Indiana is a state where voluntarily leaving group is a GI. He will be fine. Just write a letter, have him sign it. All you need.

Back