Parker & Associates No Release. Please Advise

honestagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm not playing anymore. Need some good advise please from any person who has unlocked the lashes of a release without getting one.

Long story short: in my version of my Humana contract, no where does it say I will never ever be released; further, does it speak to releases in general. Period. I have compared my contract to other agents; we all share the same grief. And we've all signed the same contract and we're all in the same boat as indys.

Parker does not release. Now I also had life products with them and I abstained from writing life and wow.. wouldn't you know, I was free. But for whatever reason, not with Humana... ??? Okay here's the story.

We all know that in the bz. 6 months for MA or 1 year for insurance (typically) if one abstains from writing, woo hoo - automatic release. This is not so though with Parker?

I spent almost 3 hours on the phone today with Humana getting bumped and bumped from one person to the next... and I got beat up getting different answers - yes you do need one; no you don't bla bla bla. I've called Parker several times; no returned calls and last I spoke with somebody - he said: no release. fyi, I have not written bz. with Humana - purposely - in over a year to get away from Parker. It did not work, however?!??!

I finally did speak with a Humana manager who passed my info to another manager and I'm waiting to hear back;

here's my question: if I have to fight this with legal action; I will. I'd prefer, however, to not. How can I report. I mean, I do have rights here; wtf... they cannot deprive me of making a living.

My commissioner's office; Kentucky's? Mississippi, where Parker is? Okay so what's that going to do if I do? Bottom line is: I want my contract back and have no affiliations with Parker.. can anybody please advise? Tx.

P.S. Ummm btw, you should know Humana and Parker will not be married too much longer - and this came right from Humana.. hmmmm so they know how Parker operates, yet they can do nothing to help? I am disgusted.

Re: Parker & Associates No Release Please Advise

I don't think the insurance commission of any state will help. I threatened my former Secure Horizons FMO with legal action and the a-hole literally laughed at me. PacifiCare got involved when I told them I would have to name them in the suit but then again, they honored the 6 month wait.

My guess is you should ask for the legal department at Humana and ask them what their position is on this.

Some people think I'm fixated on this issue of releases. It's legitimate boys and girls. Some FMOs believe they control our very lives and ability to earn a living.

This crap has to stop!

Rick

Thanks Rick for the suggestions; well I'm not sitting back anymore and I will will do what I must. Anybody else, can you please advise. Rick tx. again, I'll let you know what I find.

I have often wondered whether the state insurance commissions really understand what's going on out there with respect to the releases. Seems like there should be some sort of lobbying efforts on our part (hello, isn't that what all these professional associations are supposed to do?) to get this problem solved.

You in?

What a mess and really no reason for it.

Wish I had some advice for you but will say thanks for sharing.

I recently spoke to MA GA here in MI and it was like pulling teeth to get them to even discuss it.

Was like going in circles-
Response- "But we have great service"
My response- I understand you folks will probaly do a great job however need the release letter"
Response - "We treat our agents great"
On and on and on ...

As a former biz owner I understand they do not want agents jumping from ship to ship wasting time and resources. However if the relationship is not working its to no ones advantage to hold an agent hostage. Assuming there in no debt involved.

No matter best of luck with all this.

Last edited:

I'm not playing anymore. Need some good advise please from any person who has unlocked the lashes of a release without getting one.

Long story short: in my version of my Humana contract, no where does it say I will never ever be released; further, does it speak to releases in general. Period. I have compared my contract to other agents; we all share the same grief. And we've all signed the same contract and we're all in the same boat as indys.

Parker does not release. Now I also had life products with them and I abstained from writing life and wow.. wouldn't you know, I was free. But for whatever reason, not with Humana... ??? Okay here's the story.

We all know that in the bz. 6 months for MA or 1 year for insurance (typically) if one abstains from writing, woo hoo - automatic release. This is not so though with Parker?

I spent almost 3 hours on the phone today with Humana getting bumped and bumped from one person to the next... and I got beat up getting different answers - yes you do need one; no you don't bla bla bla. I've called Parker several times; no returned calls and last I spoke with somebody - he said: no release. fyi, I have not written bz. with Humana - purposely - in over a year to get away from Parker. It did not work, however?!??!

I finally did speak with a Humana manager who passed my info to another manager and I'm waiting to hear back;

here's my question: if I have to fight this with legal action; I will. I'd prefer, however, to not. How can I report. I mean, I do have rights here; wtf... they cannot deprive me of making a living.

My commissioner's office; Kentucky's? Mississippi, where Parker is? Okay so what's that going to do if I do? Bottom line is: I want my contract back and have no affiliations with Parker.. can anybody please advise? Tx.

P.S. Ummm btw, you should know Humana and Parker will not be married too much longer - and this came right from Humana.. hmmmm so they know how Parker operates, yet they can do nothing to help? I am disgusted.

Since it's been at least 6 months, have you thought about just submitting new contracting paperwork through another FMO? It may be worth giving a try. I would think the new FMO would have some details as to what Humana's rules are (even if the reps at Humana don't).

I have often wondered whether the state insurance commissions really understand what's going on out there with respect to the releases. Seems like there should be some sort of lobbying efforts on our part (hello, isn't that what all these professional associations are supposed to do?) to get this problem solved.

You in?

The ins comm is there to protect the public. These kinds of a situations are probably a very low priority to them if it is even one at all.

I heard back in 06 that they were getting away from Parker.

Have you tried contacting another broker with Humana? Maybe this has come up before and they can help you navigate it IF possible.

Don't assume 6 months is the get home free term. With Coventry it is 12 months. The carriers that use the FMO distribution channel have a vested interest in placating the FMOs. If they screw with one, word gets around to the other FMOs, just like the political end of the stick we are on.

My suggestion is to follow the advice given in this thread by others, that is... contact the carrier (in this case, Humana) and ask them for assistance. They should have a protocol that addresses this issue. It may be that those people who are frustrating you are probably ignorant of this protocol and don't know what to do. I would think you have an avenue of available remedy, you just need to find it. An attorney can help you, but you can save yourself some money by just asking the carrier for that remedy. If it does not exist, then you may find an attorney necessary.

I feel your pain! I have gone through the same scenario.

This is a long shot, but if you want Humana that badly it may be worth a try.

Find out the Vice-President of sales & Marketing over there, or even the top CEO, and write a letter stating your case. If the president filters the letter down to the veep, or veep to whoever coordinates these contracts with the FMO's, you will get a reply.

State your case clearly, concisely and if your prior sales with Humana were good, reference that also.

Try not to get negative or condemning about your fmo; just protest the "bondage" you find yourself under. In other words, lament the intricacies of the relationship and how it impedes you from doing what is best for the client as opposed to raging about what a stinker this FMO is, and a true SOB.

Also, point out how Humana is depriving themselves of a wider market share by allowing themselves to be used in this fashion (the dollar motive should prevail here) and that they may actually see a market drop as experienced agents move on and the newbies bring more grief to the co.(like the market conduct issues this past season were mainly H agents, acc to rumor)

Back