Part B Excess Charges

infoseeker

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have written 100's of Med Supp policies many being plan N. i have not encountered any issues regarding part B EXCESS Charges . I do see how G can be a better deal depending on the premium. Has anyone had issues or concerns regarding these excess charges? I know its only 15% that the client would have to pay for the excess charges which is minimal for a Dr Visit but if its a surgery it can be expensive.

I have written 100's of Med Supp policies many being plan N. i have not encountered any issues regarding part B EXCESS Charges . I do see how G can be a better deal depending on the premium. Has anyone had issues or concerns regarding these excess charges? I know its only 15% that the client would have to pay for the excess charges which is minimal for a Dr Visit but if its a surgery it can be expensive.

It's really only 9.25% of the original Medicare approved amount. And considering that approximately 96% of all physicians accept Medicare Assignment, the odds are very slim that it will come into play. And you can always check to see if a doctor, hospital, facility, etc. accepts assignment by looking them up on the Medicare website.

Find & compare doctors, hospitals, & other providers | Medicare.gov

Has anyone had issues or concerns regarding these excess charges? I know its only 15% that the client would have to pay for the excess charges which is minimal for a Dr Visit but if its a surgery it can be expensive.

You might possibly see Big Foot first before you see a senior receive a bill for excess charges. The last excess charge bill I saw was back in the early 90's when many physicians didn't take Medicare assignment.

Yep, this always comes up with my clients as well. Does anyone on here know where to find the data that explains the %'s of docs accepting Medicare assignment?

Interesting subject. How come I've never heard of excess charges before? Is this a real problem. I'm sick over this.

Back