Part B - IRMAA & LEP

One of my rice grower clients was in last week. He is turning age 65.
IRMAA will affect him.
He currently has a $5850 deductible EPO ACA plan paying $653/mo. His 2 drs are out of network.

Now he has,
$124 med supp
$17 Medicare part D
$428.60 Part B IRMAA
$76.20 Part D IRMAA

Now, both his drs are in network, he has no deductible, and, he is paying almost the same premium.

What an amazing flood of vituperation and negativity. Cutting people down is not a good way to add inputs to your business relationships.

I'm not interested in 'adding inputs' to my business relationships with people like you, chump, bye, bye

Originally Posted by sshafran
he's considering going without Medicare Part B.

That is all I need to hear. I would wish him good luck with this approach and move on!

I almost did that but then figured out he was just confused (again, new to Medicare) and he thought that Part B was some sort of supplement and that Part A was "the 80%"

But even once it was explained that... no... part B is pretty important, he's still having trouble justifying 400+ but is now planning to bite the bullet.

All good suggestions...

What I want to be careful of is this: I shouldn't spend time convincing (selling) someone on Part B and then they end up doing just the minimum with nothing else. If this guy just gets A&B and nothing else, then I've earned $0 - and yes, that matters (for the non-agents on the board).

Unfortunately, there is no commission in talking sense into people to get Part B. Hm. Wouldn't that be cool to get paid for helping to sell Part B... :yes:

Unfortunately, there is no commission in talking sense into people to get Part B. Hm. Wouldn't that be cool to get paid for helping to sell Part B..

Write your Congress critter and suggest paying agents to sell Part B. They might even belly up to allowing us to sell SS and SSDI as well.

Now go roll a fatty and take the rest of the day off.

What I want to be careful of is this: I shouldn't spend time convincing (selling) someone on Part B and then they end up doing just the minimum with nothing else. If this guy just gets A&B and nothing else, then I've earned $0 - and yes, that matters (for the non-agents on the board).
:

I picked up on that point very soon after starting to read posts on the board. the thread about length of time appointments take heavily reinforced it (the need for payment point).

Back