Part D Eligibility Question

thomasm

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nebraska
"Individuals entitled to Part A and/or enrolled under Part B are eligible to enroll in Part D plans."

I still don't know what they mean by "or". I've ran into people who have part A only, but never Part B only.

What examples are they referring to when they say "and/or"?

"Individuals entitled to Part A and/or enrolled under Part B are eligible to enroll in Part D plans."

I still don't know what they mean by "or". I've ran into people who have part A only, but never Part B only.

What examples are they referring to when they say "and/or"?

Very rarely will someone have Part B only. But it happens.

Rick

"Individuals entitled to Part A and/or enrolled under Part B are eligible to enroll in Part D plans." I still don't know what they mean by "or". I've ran into people who have part A only, but never Part B only. What examples are they referring to when they say "and/or"?
Unlike an MA plan that requires both A and B, a PDP only requires one of the two. Most common example I've seen is some with an EGHP plan lacking creditable drug coverage. They take A only with a PDP to avoid an LEP. But someone ineligible for premium-free Part A might buy B only with a PDP. I don't have any of those clients but have heard they do exist.

Back