Part D Thru Mcare.gov, Not Now

The way I understand it is if it's a 10/01 effective date you have to wait until after 09/01 to enroll.
Just about every week I help someone enroll themselves using the Medicare.gov Plan Finder enroll button up to three months prior to the effective date for IEP, up to two months prior for SEP. Goes through every time. I never call or have client call 800-MEDICAR to enroll so don't know about any restrictions they place on enrollment timing more stringent that the enrollment period rules.

Just about every week I help someone enroll themselves using the Medicare.gov Plan Finder enroll button up to three months prior to the effective date for IEP, up to two months prior for SEP. Goes through every time. I never call or have client call 800-MEDICAR to enroll so don't know about any restrictions they place on enrollment timing more stringent that the enrollment period rules.

I don't call them either, outside of the AEP, if someone was enrolling for the first time in a Part D in June for example, you can only enroll between 05/01 and 05/31 for a 06/01 effective date. The original post was referring to enrolling for the first time with a 10/01 effective date.

I either write the app(commission), enroll directly through Medicare( no comm), or, have the client call the carrier directly(no comm).
I have never had someone call Medicare.

Some carriers if you have the person call will not enroll over the phone. they are telling the people that a rep. needs to come out. This is not good; as some reps try to sell them a different Medicare plan..i.e. a MAPD.

Back