Paying for pre-set Appointments

senior-advisor-indiana

Guru
5000 Post Club
Indiana
A buddy/co-worker and I are planning on hiring a guy to make appointments for us. HE has worked for us before but our manager hired him. He got fired because of the two had disagreements. He is not pleasant to work for( my ex boss).

Anyway, the appointments he set were awesome. We closed about 70-80% of te appointments. We will be paying his long distance charges and provding list. What do you think is fair pay for him? We were thinking $20 per appointment and some kind of bonus if we have a 90-100% closing ratio in a week.

We are figuring that we will get atleast 10 appointments per week, so we should make 1k each (thats if we only sell med supps) and we would pay him $100 each plus phone bill. If we get 20 appiontments he gets $400.

What do you think?

Of course that is up to you but no way would I pay for his phone bill.

I would provide the lists though so he is calling whom you want him to call.

For him, it is a business too...he must assume his own business expenses imho

That doesnt sound to bad. I might drop it to $40 though. We offered him $25 and paying his long distance and he liked that. So if we offer him $40 I am sure that will make his work better.

He usually sets really good appointments anyway. But he would have to get us 20 sales a week to "just make it by" at $25. I want it to be good money for him.

At $40 we would make $2000-$2500 off of 10 sales he would make $400. So 20 sales/appointments a week would gross him $800 weekly. Thats pretty darn good for a telemarketer.

Can he not get unlimited phone service in his area? I would NEVER pay for phone services on a per minute basis unless an 800 number is involved.

I'm sure he can. MY buddy wanted to get him a cell phone:D

I think we are gonna get a 2nd line put into his house and set him up on unlimited calling or check out a plan that on charges in 6/18 sec intervals instead of rounding up to the minute. I think we are gonna pay him $30 per sale for 10 sales a week and $40 for anything over 10.

Do you think we should pay him double if it is a husband and wife?

Last edited:
I'm sure he can. MY buddy wanted to get him a cell phone:D I am glad I am not leaving the decisions up to him. IT was a good idea to him because he could call him free from his verizon phone. I am glad we arent in biz together(almost started an agency with him).

I think we are gonna get a 2nd line put into his house and set him up on unlimited calling or check out a plan that on charges in 6/18 sec intervals instead of rounding up to the minute. I think we are gonna pay him $30 per sale for 10 sales a week and $40 for anything over 10.

Do you think we should pay him double if it is a husband and wife?

I pay around $50 for my phone service and have unlimited calls. I also have a cell phone plan that gets me around 1200 or so minutes I believe that costs around $70ish per month. In essence, he should pay for his own service because that is the price of doing business.

Is he going to be telemarketing or qualifying leads you furnish to him? If it is the former, you are paying to much @ $25 a lead and he might burn out. I'd recommend something similar to John's system if that is the case.

If it is the latter, I like the per hour basis as a guideline w/ a bonus built in for generating a certain number of appts.

@ $25 per lead he has the potential to make $25 an hour, which is a very good living by normal standards. I would pay him $15-$20 an hour with a minimum requirement of producing X number of appts. per hour on the number of leads he gets. Any marketer worth their grain of salt should be able to book 3ish appts. per 10-15 leads, but that depends on the lead source and quality.

Not sure if anyone else has used this service or not, but I use Vonage for my phone service. I have had absolutely no issues with it at all in regards to the phone calls. The only problem I have had is trying to fax with it... but I eliminated that by switching to efax. I pay $24.99/month and that includes unlimited long distance. Best deal out there, in my opinion!

The only catch with Vonage is that you have to have high speed internet to use it... but if someone already has that, and needs unlimited long distance phone service, Vonage is the way to go!

Latest posts

Back