PDP appointment rules

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
What are the rules this week regarding appointments to sell PDP plans? (not asking about MA's). I have not kept up with it for the last few weeks.

Suppose I talk to a client on the phone about a med supp and also ask about PDP and they say they would like to discuss that as well. Am I good to go as far as just meeting with the client to discuss the supp and the PDP or are there special rituals, permission slips, and notes from your mamma required?

Assume that I am talking to the client as a result of a med supp lead based on their response or initiative. Not talking about coldcalling.

Thanks.

Winter

What are the rules this week regarding appointments to sell PDP plans? (not asking about MA's). I have not kept up with it for the last few weeks.

Suppose I talk to a client on the phone about a med supp and also ask about PDP and they say they would like to discuss that as well. Am I good to go as far as just meeting with the client to discuss the supp and the PDP or are there special rituals, permission slips, and notes from your mamma required?

Assume that I am talking to the client as a result of a med supp lead based on their response or initiative. Not talking about coldcalling.

Thanks.

Winter

The rules for PDP and MA plans are the same.

Alright. Then what are the requirements in the scenario that I presented?

If they ask you about a PDP plan while you are on the phone, you can schedule the appointment to talk to them about the plan. If you record the call, you are good to go. If you don't record the call, you must have them sign a Sales Appointment Confirmation Form prior to discussing the PDP.

It seems that all the companies are now saying that we can get the form signed at the appointment so long as we do it before discussing anything about PDP or MA.

None of this garbage applies to the med sup part.

If they ask you about a PDP plan while you are on the phone, you can schedule the appointment to talk to them about the plan. If you record the call, you are good to go. If you don't record the call, you must have them sign a Sales Appointment Confirmation Form prior to discussing the PDP.

It seems that all the companies are now saying that we can get the form signed at the appointment so long as we do it before discussing anything about PDP or MA.

None of this garbage applies to the med sup part.

Alright. Thank you again.

This is not what I am hearing. Seems like most companies are now saying we must have the form signed and returned to us before we meet with the client.

What happens to the form after the prospect signs it? Isn't that the most important part?

I have been told that we are to just put it in a safe place and keep it for an extended period of time. I have a lot of things that I have in a really safe place. So safe that now I can't even find them.

That sounds like a good place to keep the forms to me.

The interpretation lies with the meaning of "before".

I would have agreed with you until I got an email from Universal American on Monday with an updated appointment form and CMS regulation which stated:

"Scope of Sales Appointment Confirmation Form. This form must be signed by the beneficiary and mailed back to the agent before the agent enters a home. This form may not be picked up by agent upon entering the Medicare beneficiary's home for appointment, nor dropped off at a home for them to sign."

I find these regulations absolutely incredulous. There is no question the goal is to get the agents out of the way so all this business can be written directly by the carriers.

I would have agreed with you until I got an email from Universal American on Monday with an updated appointment form and CMS regulation which stated:

"Scope of Sales Appointment Confirmation Form. This form must be signed by the beneficiary and mailed back to the agent before the agent enters a home. This form may not be picked up by agent upon entering the Medicare beneficiary's home for appointment, nor dropped off at a home for them to sign."

I find these regulations absolutely incredulous. There is no question the goal is to get the agents out of the way so all this business can be written directly by the carriers.

Was the part that you quoted the actual CMS reg or the companies interpretation of it?

Back