PDP - is It Worth It?

yaknow1

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've been selling med supps for a couple of years now and have reently move into a retail/office location that is situated next to our hometown pharmacy.

I would like to leverage that traffic during AEP, but with the low commissions and referral fees, I would like to get some opinions as to whether the time spent is worth it. I'm more interesting in making contact for med supp replacements, and using PDP as a "loss leader" of sorts.

Thoughts? Thanks

No, it's not worth it but I do it to keep other agent's from taking over my client base and I do it as an additional service for my clients. I have heard the Advantra Value plan is adding a $320 deductible 1/1/13 so not sure that plan will be attractive anymore.

PDP's are very time consuming but I feel they are a necessity, that's why I like the MAPD's too because they have the drug plan built in and in most cases I feel it is bettert then a stand alone PDP.

I have heard the Advantra Value plan is adding a $320 deductible 1/1/13 so not sure that plan will be attractive anymore.

Not true... The First Health Value Plus PDP 2013 will have NO deductible -- first dollar coverage!

I'm more interesting in making contact for med supp replacements, and using PDP as a "loss leader" of sorts.

I will assist with Part D only for my clients with med supps.
I have probably picked up 100+ med supps because of this stance I take.
I will not help someone if they have their med supp through another agent.
Rick will call me stupid.

Dayton, you're stupid.

Although I think I'll do the same about PDP this year. Client only.

Rick

Is it worth it?

Unquestionably. If it drives a basic part of your business. It is the core of ours. We spend more time on that than we do anything else. But calculating how much our time is worth, we lose money on every one. Including assisting people into plans we don't offer. We find the best plan for everyone. It costs us money.

But we make up for it with excellent customer retention on our supps and LOTS of referrals.

Don't do it to make money. Use it as a way of gaining and/or keeping customer loyalty.

Seems like a highly intelligent stance to me. Who cares what Rick says?:D:D

Back