Personal E&o and Agency E&o

insuranceguy1357

Ohio
If you carry personal e&o and the agency you work for carries e&o(which is the e&o registered with the carriers) do you have to use the agencies insurance. I don't have any claims against me, I only ask because I want to know. My e&o provider didn't sound confident in their answer and other agents don't seem worried about the question.

If you carry personal e&o and the agency you work for carries e&o(which is the e&o registered with the carriers) do you have to use the agencies insurance. I don't have any claims against me, I only ask because I want to know. My e&o provider didn't sound confident in their answer and other agents don't seem worried about the question.

If the agency is your own personal agency, and you are the sole producer, then I believe you only need one e&o policy. However, it kind of sounds like the agency you are referring to is another group, since you mentioned each party has it's own policy. If you are paying for your own policy, then just use it. If you dont want to, then list the agency's policy information when appointing, and if it's unacceptable, then the carrier will notify you...

If the agency is your own personal agency, and you are the sole producer, then I believe you only need one e&o policy. However, it kind of sounds like the agency you are referring to is another group, since you mentioned each party has it's own policy. If you are paying for your own policy, then just use it. If you dont want to, then list the agency's policy information when appointing, and if it's unacceptable, then the carrier will notify you...

If the agency's policy doesn't show the agent's name, then the carriers won't accept that. If it is in fact an umbrella policy which covers the agents, then the agency shouldn't have a problem with getting a certificate with the agent's name on it.

Back