Plan J Clients Need to Be Moved to Plan F?

erict58

Expert
I wrote several plan J's before they were taken off the market for sale. I now have clients that are eligible for Guaranteed Issue but that has to be like plan to like plan. Is there anyone willing to take these clients to a Plan F on a GI basis? Some of my clients developed health issues over the past 2 years so I may have to utilize the GI. Thoughts and experiences with this issue are appreciated as always.

I'm going to reply assuming you're talking about the MO GI law and your clients are in MO.

1. Read the MO GI law for one. You ought to know this law inside and out. They are GI certain plans under the law. (A, F, and C at the anniversary.)
2. If they bought a United of Omaha plan J then they were made a promise at the time of purchase. Remember what that promise was? (They are GI any plan UOO sales at any time. Not just around the anniversary.)

What Gordon said. Know the law inside and out.

The quickest answer, when in doubt, will be to call underwriting with the company you want to place them with.

Program the phone number for underwriting in your cell phone for each company you represent. It only takes a couple of minutes to make the call and you will have your answer instantly.

Or, come on here and ask a friendly question. No harm done, it gives us bored agents something to read....:D

I may have been bored out of my mind when I posted this question. Thanks for your input, however. I obviously should know this but a recent increase has made me zero in on these clients in particular.

Back