Plan J "extras"

has anyone had a client use the HHC benefit with plan j? i have a few clients still enrolled with j, but the spread between j and f is getting slimmer with age. how difficult is it to trigger the HHC benefit? anyone with experiences??? thx

The routine physical is a moot benefit now since medicare now covers annual wellness but IMO the at home recovery is a good benefit however it's rarely used because the insured has to be proactive about making a claim since it is not automatically triggered by an initial claim to medicare like the other covered benefits.

I am unable to point to a specific link at this time, but I thought I had read somewhere that the "at home recovery" benefit was removed from Medigap plans. Was plan J excepted from this change? (or am I remembering something that wasn't there?)

I am unable to point to a specific link at this time, but I thought I had read somewhere that the "at home recovery" benefit was removed from Medigap plans. Was plan J excepted from this change? (or am I remembering something that wasn't there?)

Plan J can't be sold anymore, but if someone had one they could keep it.

I believe that J disappeared because the Home Recovery and Preventative benefits weren't used much.

Plan J can't be sold anymore, but if someone had one they could keep it.

I believe that J disappeared because the Home Recovery and Preventative benefits weren't used much.

We had a discussion once before about drug benefits-that plan j included that but then plan J was required to drop the drug benefit.

When plans D and G were required to drop the at home recovery benefit, did that requirement also extend to the old plans J, or were the old J plans allowed to retain the at home recovery benefit? Searching, I can see general comments about the change, but I can't find anything that specifically references the old Plans J which remain in force and whether they still have the at home recovery benefit.

Back