Plan N Co-payment

I am comfortable selling ACI "N" plans to some select clients. I would NEVER sell a u of o "N" plan unless the client absolutely could not qualify for anything else.

I have never (knock on wood) had an "F" plan replaced by anyone (have hundreds on the book). People buy 100% coverage for a reason.

In my opinion agents selling d and g plans by glossing over the part b excess are setting themselves up to have policies replaced

As of June 1st, Plan G pays 100 % excess for part B, (before it only paid 80%)

Medicare Supplemental Insurance

medicare Supplement Insurance

Medicare Supplemental

Last edited:
Just how many of your clients have been "bit" by excess charges? How many of those had to pay more than $50?
Rick

I'd like to answer that.

Zero, none of them, not even one, but then I haven't been selling Plans D & G for very long. Only for sixteen plus years.

Agents who only sell Plan F when D or G (I only sell G if the company doesn't offer a D.) is a better investment of their premium dollar have made me a lot of money. In fact, they are still making me a lot of money.

I would like to encourage all agents, especially in Missouri, to go for the higher commission they receive when selling Plan F. Over ninety percent of my clients had a Plan F when I initially contacted them.

Long live Plan F and the agents who sell them.

In my opinion agents selling d and g plans by glossing over the part b excess are setting themselves up to have policies replaced

Less than 1% of doctors charge excess (and it is easy to determine if your client's doctor is one of them by asking if he bills them directly). I would say that while it might be possible to lose less than 1% of your clients who are in this situation, it is far more likely that you will lose many more Plan F customers if Frank gets them on the phone.

:1arghh:

Yes, I understand the excess fee and I also understand that the "G" now covers the excess (mistype).

With the "F" I can pitch "you will never pay anything besides premium as long as medicare covers the procedure". With "D" I have to pitch "there is a strong chance that you will never have to pay anything in the doctors office after the annual $155 deductible which will not remain $155".

You can argue with me until you turn blue but you'll never convince me that there is a better option than the "F" plan for most seniors. My opinion on this could change if I start seeing considerably lower rates on "G" plans (as long as they are not U of O plans) and heavy rate increases on "f" plans.

The "N" plan definitely has its nitch though.

Yes, I understand the excess fee and I also understand that the "G" now covers the excess (mistype).

With the "F" I can pitch "you will never pay anything besides premium as long as medicare covers the procedure". With "D" I have to pitch "there is a strong chance that you will never have to pay anything in the doctors office after the annual $155 deductible which will not remain $155".

You can argue with me until you turn blue but you'll never convince me that there is a better option than the "F" plan for most seniors. My opinion on this could change if I start seeing considerably lower rates on "G" plans (as long as they are not U of O plans) and heavy rate increases on "f" plans.

The "N" plan definitely has its nitch though.

"Better" for YOU, maybe. Sounds like you don't like the hassle explaining Plans D/G and most likely you don't want the service calls that comes when they get billed for the deductible applied claims.

As indicated by the green... you like it clean and simple. That constitutes "Better" for you.

Stop pitching and start educating... it gets real easy. Most of my clients don't call me with deductible related claims after the first year. It's a simple process to explain and walk them through.

I love it when an agent tries to "pitch" F to one of my clients on the notion that "you don't pay anything with this plan".... then my clients educates them.

"But... your plan is $300/year more... and the deductible is only $155."... "NO THANKS"

I had the same issue with D/G vs. F. In CA, the differential between them was only about $180-200 per year and wasn't really enough to justify explaining that clients could save $40 a year net. The good news was that until recently I could typically save prospects $300 or more by quoting plans other than the most popular companies.

However, things have changed and Plan N is about $500-600 lower in many areas. Now I have some reason to give people a choice between F and (now) N. Most people I have quoted lately cost save a net of $450 by going to plan N. This will pay for a bunch of $20 (at most) office visits.

Rick

"Better" for YOU, maybe. Sounds like you don't like the hassle explaining Plans D/G and most likely you don't want the service calls that comes when they get billed for the deductible applied claims.

As indicated by the green... you like it clean and simple. That constitutes "Better" for you.

Stop pitching and start educating... it gets real easy. Most of my clients don't call me with deductible related claims after the first year. It's a simple process to explain and walk them through.

I love it when an agent tries to "pitch" F to one of my clients on the notion that "you don't pay anything with this plan".... then my clients educates them.

"But... your plan is $300/year more... and the deductible is only $155."... "NO THANKS"

I guess we have to agree to disagree. Clearly we both do a lot of business and we both feel strongly about the way we do it. The D plan would be the way to go IMO if the part b deductible were to stay $155 but I don't believe it will. I find that after I explain the plans that most all choose 100% coverage.

Good luck moving forward.

$155 this year
$135 for 2009 and 2008
$124for 2007
$118 I think... if I remember correctly.
$111...

What the hell is the risk? Hell... if the ded was $300 most of my clients would still have plans D/G... it has been that way for a loooooonnnngggg time.

Insurance is there to protect the holder from serious financial harm... the part B ded. will never pose serious financial harm to anyone. FACT.

I remember part B ded. of ~$70... and I'm only 43. There has allways been at least a 1.5-5x the part B ded. difference between plans F and G and plans C and D... maybe not with the same carrier, but in the local industry... never fails.

Good selling.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And.... I never agree to **** I don't agree with.
I guess we have to agree to disagree. Clearly we both do a lot of business and we both feel strongly about the way we do it. The D plan would be the way to go IMO if the part b deductible were to stay $155 but I don't believe it will. I find that after I explain the plans that most all choose 100% coverage.

Good luck moving forward.

Yea.... you've been in the biz a long time if you're still in the part B ded. study program. That ded. hasn't stayed the same for more than two years since I stopped being breast fed.

Last edited:
Once upon a time, when standardization was introduced, the math was a no brainer. Plan F was a steal compared to D/G. Therefore, I sold the **** out of plan F.
Now 18 years later, I'm trying to go back and move these insureds to Plan N. Keep in mind, these insureds are now a minimum of age 82 and older. You pencil it out that for minimual risk exposure, you can save some money(approx $250/yr). Do you think I can get anyone to move?? Hell no!
I think getting Jennifer Aniston in the rack and having sex with my age 58 body would be easier. These 80+ year olds are a waste of time. The T65'ers are more receptive to Plan N. Or, anyone under 70.
These age 80+ yr olds are the same insureds that are paying $260 +/month for Plan F and other Plan F's are $190/month. They won't change.

$155 this year
$135 for 2009 and 2008
$124for 2007
$118 I think... if I remember correctly.
$111...

What the hell is the risk? Hell... if the ded was $300 most of my clients would still have plans D/G... it has been that way for a loooooonnnngggg time.

Insurance is there to protect the holder from serious financial harm... the part B ded. will never pose serious financial harm to anyone. FACT.

I remember part B ded. of ~$70... and I'm only 43. There has allways been at least a 1.5-5x the part B ded. difference between plans F and G and plans C and D... maybe not with the same carrier, but in the local industry... never fails.

Good selling.
And.... I never agree to **** I don't agree with.

Yea.... you've been in the biz a long time if you're still in the part B ded. study program. That ded. hasn't stayed the same for more than two years since I stopped being breast fed.
G. Gordon,

I think we must consider differences between states....10 Years ago when I got in the Business with Bankers I sold a lot of plans D&G the savings for my customers where there...Now in my state AARP does not offer D or G and F is $153.50 per month MOO offers D at $204.00 G at 175.13 Anthem offers G at $175.66 Moo offers and N at 157.01 so selling plan F in my state makes sense add to that Maines GI law allowing a client to switch to any like or lesser plan means I can go from F to any place and not the other way around....I know most states are smarter than Maine and have more competetive options I'm just saying because someone sells F doesn't mean the client doesn't know what they are getting...

Now there is one plan N that offers a value AARP plan N at $109 per month....too bad I can't switch non-client AARP policy holders...I could live possibly without the commission but to not even become the AOR makes is rediculous.

Latest posts

Back