Plan N and Outpatient Rehab

I just watched the video in question. It's a shame the speaker hasn't a clue about how Plan N integrates with physical therapy.

Rick

If you're referring to Westfall's video it appears as though that video was made recently since he mentioned the 2017 Deductible. I had to play it a couple of times to make sure I heard what I thought I heard!

tell my clients that you should not be charged for PT.

I would never offer anything that definitive. When explaining the copay, most of the time I just say it is $20 for doctor visits. Don't get into the "up to" part unless asked.

If someone specifically mentions therapy, chemo, etc I tell them it depends on how the provider bills Medicare but the codes are quite specific. Generally applies to doctor sick visits, and usually not the annual exam.

Clients tend to have selective memories. If you tell them the copay is not for PT that is what they will remember and completely forget you added the disclaimer in MBSC's post (should not surprise the beneficiary since they scheduled a "doctor's appointment" and not a "PT appointment").

----------

Do any of the experts here want to address my xs charges question in this thread?

Latest posts

Back