Plan N Physical Therapy

rhcbp

Expert
I attended an AARP Medicare Supplement Meeting in October and the presenter said that Plan N covered physical therapy 100%. I questioned him on it and he assured me it was covered 100%.

The way it is written in the brochure it looks like the patient would have to pay up to $20 after the $147 deductible. Has anyone had any experience with this that they could share?

You might have missed the "at a hospital setting" or something to that effect. Otherwise, you are correct. I have had several have the $20 copay per visit for pt.

I attended an AARP Medicare Supplement Meeting in October and the presenter said that Plan N covered physical therapy 100%. I questioned him on it and he assured me it was covered 100%.

The way it is written in the brochure it looks like the patient would have to pay up to $20 after the $147 deductible. Has anyone had any experience with this that they could share?

The only time they'd pay the up to $20 per visit for physical therapy is if it's filed/coded as an office visit.

The only time they'd pay the up to $20 per visit for physical therapy is if it's filed/coded as an office visit.

And I could be wrong, but I think that get's coded as an office visit when it's for consultation. Not for treatment.

Since plan N came along I have had a few people call me complaining about $20 copayments for physical therapy or chiropractic treatments. In each case the provider used a doctor office visit CPT code instead of the appropriate CPT code for that treatment, and in every case, after resubmitting the claim, the copayment went away.

Thanks, I will show this to my new Plan N 82 YO, accepted in underwriting, coming in today to do the PDP. Can we also say that lab work and MRI's, other tests, etc. done as outpatient would have no cost sharing of "up to" $20, as long as not part of an office visit?

Back