Pmpm Changes???

RickT

Expert
I heard from someone that changes are made this year that you will get your residual income starting immediately after the MA goes into effect. So in October 2014 your write an MA and get your $200, you will start getting your $17 per month after January 1st, 2015.

Anyone have any info on this? This could make a difference in a choice I need to make for AEP.

Thanks,
Rick

Not sure what you mean. If it's a client who has been on a MA plan and you get $200 right away you wouldn't get more until 12 months.
Most likely that company you are referring to will not pay until jan 2015 as PMPM

That is how I understood it to be. He was adamant that a change was made that you would get your residual income right away, not having to wait 12 months. He is also trying to recruit me, so I would need verification from another source before I made any changes. This, according to him, is a change for 2015. Seems to me it's double dipping and I find it hard to believe.

----------

Rather the pmpm is what I am questioning, not the $200. That may come right away, or in January according to some people. I was told prior you don't get the $17 per member per month until the 13th month. He is saying next year you will get it in the same plan year as effective date.

I heard from someone that changes are made this year that you will get your residual income starting immediately after the MA goes into effect. So in October 2014 your write an MA and get your $200, you will start getting your $17 per month after January 1st, 2015. Anyone have any info on this? This could make a difference in a choice I need to make for AEP. Thanks, Rick
If you wrote one in Oct for a Nov start and it was not a true up you get 2/12 of the annual ($200 in your example) with renewals starting in Jan.

If you wrote one in Oct for a Nov start and it was not a true up you get 2/12 of the annual ($200 in your example) with renewals starting in Jan.

Well not always true. Humana pays me fully advanced still. Some companies pay PMPM.

To the OP there is NO way you get $200 right away and PMPM in January. He's either lying to you or you misunderstood him

Well not always true. Humana pays me fully advanced still. Some companies pay PMPM. To the OP there is NO way you get $200 right away and PMPM in January. He's either lying to you or you misunderstood him
Not always true yet. I have one carrier who pays me the full amount as well. But they said that's while they're working on becoming compliant with Medicare's new requirements.

----------

Well not always true. Humana pays me fully advanced still. Some companies pay PMPM. To the OP there is NO way you get $200 right away and PMPM in January. He's either lying to you or you misunderstood him
Not always true yet. I also get the full amount from one carrier. But they told me that's just until they become fully compliant with Medicare's new rule.

That is how I understood it to be. He was adamant that a change was made that you would get your residual income right away, not having to wait 12 months. He is also trying to recruit me, so I would need verification from another source before I made any changes. This, according to him, is a change for 2015. Seems to me it's double dipping and I find it hard to believe.

----------

Rather the pmpm is what I am questioning, not the $200. That may come right away, or in January according to some people. I was told prior you don't get the $17 per member per month until the 13th month. He is saying next year you will get it in the same plan year as effective date.

I was told the same thing last month from a sales manager at United Healthcare.... She said for any IEP business written during 2014 I would get the full $425 AND starting January 2015 the $17.xx renewals start from that same piece of business.
I thought she had to be mistaken and I won't believe it until I see it.

Anyone care to guess what the total commission is for a new to Medicare mapd to an fmo? I'd bet close to $700 first year

I was told the same thing last month from a sales manager at United Healthcare.... She said for any IEP business written during 2014 I would get the full $425 AND starting January 2015 the $17.xx renewals start from that same piece of business.
I thought she had to be mistaken and I won't believe it until I see it.

I heard that too a while back, but I convinced myself I misheard the person wrong...

Ummm, didnt Humana just send us a notice saying they are moving to pro-rated commissions and will be charging back anyone who was paid the full rate earlier this year? I could have read it wrong.?

Back