Is It Possible to Write 3-5 Med Sups a Week Year Round Doing T-65 Mailers?

I would suspect the conversion rates on a new agent would be lower than on an experienced agent.

I agree. I also don't see any mention of numbers as to what it takes for 3-5 a week for a new versus old. That would probably be more helpful.

I agree. I also don't see any mention of numbers as to what it takes for 3-5 a week for a new versus old. That would probably be more helpful.

You're probably right. I believe the answer to the question is yes. The real question is would it be viable to do profitably. I'm sure if you sent 10,000 pieces a week you could trip over a few sales every week, but you'd probably go broke in a hurry doing it unless you were very methodical.

You're probably right. I believe the answer to the question is yes. The real question is would it be viable to do profitably. I'm sure if you sent 10,000 pieces a week you could trip over a few sales every week, but you'd probably go broke in a hurry doing it unless you were very methodical.

Yeah. I don't see it possible with turning 65 and DM from the usual DM outfits. Everybody is mailing to them so you can't get enough names. Unless you are selling by phone and can expand your area.

I could be wrong though as I am not a medicare guy.

Yeah. I don't see it possible with turning 65 and DM from the usual DM outfits. Everybody is mailing to them so you can't get enough names. Unless you are selling by phone and can expand your area.

I could be wrong though as I am not a medicare guy.

You nailed it. Every carrier and countless agents are mailing T65 folks with all sorts of pieces. You can't just go buy some mail and do it, you've got to do something interesting. There are a lot of agents killing it with that market, but I doubt (m)any of them are new.

Just thinking about the numbers of this...

5K mail drop
1.5% return = 75 leads
50% appointment ratio = 37.5 appointments
30% sale ratio = 11.25 sales

So, you figure those leads would take a couple of weeks to come back in, so over the course of 3 weeks you would average 3.75 sales.

Of course, this would vary depending on the return rate, closing ratio, working the list of non-responds, etc.

Income - Let's say average premium is $200 with a 20% contract and a 12 month advance = $480 commission for each sale
Rounded up to 4 sales = $1,920 in total annualized commission

What does a 5K mailer run? Varies per mail house but let's say $2K. So, in this example you are about break even for the first year if you have no additional sales off the non-responder list.

Just thinking about the numbers of this...

5K mail drop
1.5% return = 75 leads
50% appointment ratio = 37.5 appointments
30% sale ratio = 11.25 sales

So, you figure those leads would take a couple of weeks to come back in, so over the course of 3 weeks you would average 3.75 sales.

Of course, this would vary depending on the return rate, closing ratio, working the list of non-responds, etc.

Income - Let's say average premium is $200 with a 20% contract and a 12 month advance = $480 commission for each sale
Rounded up to 4 sales = $1,920 in total annualized commission

What does a 5K mailer run? Varies per mail house but let's say $2K. So, in this example you are about break even for the first year if you have no additional sales off the non-responder list.

What states have an average premium of $200 for a T65? From the handful of states I have looked at, the average would be around $100.

I thin the answer is Yes, but would not do it. I think you are better off doing other marketing to get 5 sakes a week. I would do some DM, but not all. I would get some networking partners going too. I would also do more than t-65. I had better luck doing older with direct mail. Where are you at? How long have you been doing this?

Id say you need to do other marketing as well

3-5 a week is def my goal and over all I do it

but some of the time I may write 0 1 week 2 1 week 8 1 week and 4 1 week
some times there are months I do 7 sales and months I do 25

I find this to be a follow up buis
and It takes long term thinking to be successful

Back