POST AEP Plans/lead Sources

The issue isn't the presentation or calling/knocking etc

The issue is with leads----

"I have no idea why I sent it in"
"I thought this was the gummint"
"I didn't send that in"
"I am Captain Kangaroo"

I am standing back and trying to imagine something 45 or 90 degrees different than this year. Its not been BAD--just FAR too much wasted time

There is far far too much chaff and wasted time and not near enough selling.

I know there are tens of thousands of people in my area that WANT to talk to someone that can solve their problems--I have to find a way to connect to them

Hi Mr Jones, I'm just calling because you had asked for a call about your Medicare plan.

I am so sorry! I don't want to bother you, can I add you to my list for open enrollment? All I need is your email address.

[email protected]

Thanks! Look for my email by Sept 15. Have a great day!

(You'll sell 50% of these. IF you send the email by the 14th.)

At the risk of sounding argumentative--I have done that

Less than half of my clients have email
Those that do often don't check it
Or they "lose" it or forget ten minutes after they read it
If you call, many NEVER answer
If they do, they dont have a calendar and wont remember

So I may not even be doing Medicare next year-herding cats! FAR too much wasted time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding argumentative--I have done that

Less than half of my clients have email
Those that do often don't check it
Or they "lose" it or forget ten minutes after they read it
If you call, many NEVER answer
If they do, they dont have a calendar and wont remember

So I may not even be doing Medicare next year-herding cats! FAR too much wasted time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

Sounds to me like you want to be an FE guy and were hoping that med sups were an easy way to get into the house, no one will give you their email until you get their trust, not sure how your sell but it sounds like face to face, people want and need the information, maybe your income settings are to low? But at any rate what does your up-line tell you to do?

I dont work with uplines--I have found them to be of almost no use

One of the very popular FE IMOs here that agents refer others to--does not even reply to emails. If I have a question I post it here and get his reply here in an hour or two--but never on email

I sold ONLY Medicare for some time, 2015 switched to FE for the off-season. Was pretty easy to sell--either they want it or they don't. Persistence was way too low--again FAR FAR too much wasted time chasing down the indigent for nickels. This year decided against FE leads and focusing on Medicare--far far harder to get in touch, don't answer the phone or the door, they have no idea what you're talking about, dont want to meet--but when you get them on the books they are ON.

So I think I may just have a problem for which there is no solution and maybe the better thing would be to find something better to do with my licenses

One of the very popular FE IMOs here that agents refer others to--does not even reply to emails. If I have a question I post it here and get his reply here in an hour or two--but never on email

I sold ONLY Medicare for some time, 2015 switched to FE for the off-season. Was pretty easy to sell--either they want it or they don't. Persistence was way too low--again FAR FAR too much wasted time chasing down the indigent for nickels. This year decided against FE leads and focusing on Medicare--far far harder to get in touch, don't answer the phone or the door, they have no idea what you're talking about, dont want to meet--but when you get them on the books they are ON.

So I think I may just have a problem for which there is no solution and maybe the better thing would be to find something better to do with my licenses

or put your ego aside and get training,

or put your ego aside and get training,

Yeah, sounds like you are doing something very wrong in the whole process...or you just plain and simply can't handle any kind of rejection. If it's the latter, you seriously need to reconsider your career choice.

Yeah and your comment shows no ego issues whatsoever eh?

You've gotten several good suggestions and argued with all of them.

Either get off your tail and find people or become a wholesaler with a boss telling you when you are allowed to use the restroom.

Call. Door Knock. Mail. Stand on a street corner with a sign that says "Buy a policy with me so my kids don't starve" Buy some leads. Whatever. Go get em!

Find a mentor.

Find someone who is where you want to go and that you get along with.

Ask him or her if you can trade a task that they don't want to do, like stuffing envelopes, for the privilege of shadowing them for one or two days a month.

A really successful agent doesn't see others as competitors. They won't need your money, but they might help you if they like you and you approach them the right way.

They might not agree to ridealongs, but they might be willing to have lunch with you every so often.

I've been in the business for 30 years and I'm looking for a mentor myself. I am transitioning to P&C. I have built a decent book of health insurance business, (but most of it wont pay me commissions as of January) so I could probably figure things out on my own eventually. But I haven't sold P&C since the 90s and a mentor will help me avoid mistakes and make the transition much faster.

I think you solution to this is to do something that you're not doing. You've decided that all IMO's are useless because one of them won't return your emails. I've offered for you to call me so that I may help but I've heard nothing. I'm beginning to believe you just really don't want the help and want to be justified in "doing something better with your licenses".

Good luck with that.

Back