PPO VS. UHC Passport

csyjnapapa

Expert
Ohio
I have a client in Ohio with UHC HMO MAPD and uses UHC passport when she goes to Florida. I am wondering if it would be better for her to get a Aetna PPO with the same monthly premium and similar co-pays. There is an Aetna network where she stays in Florida. Wouldn't a PPO provide her a little more freedom? I am really not sure how passport works.

I have a client in Ohio with UHC HMO MAPD and uses UHC passport when she goes to Florida. I am wondering if it would be better for her to get a Aetna PPO with the same monthly premium and similar co-pays. There is an Aetna network where she stays in Florida. Wouldn't a PPO provide her a little more freedom? I am really not sure how passport works.

If she has used it successfully in the past, I wouldn't mess with it. UHC has a very strong network in Florida, and she would be in-network in every county in the state with her UHC passport.

I guess the other option, would require a little more DD, find out the doctors names in Florida, and I could look them up for you and let you know whether they are in network for UHC and/or Aetna, and I suppose that could help point you in the right direction

I was yesterday at Aetna meeting, they said UHC passport was hassle, you have to call company before going, then call again when coming back......

I was yesterday at Aetna meeting, they said UHC passport was hassle, you have to call company before going, then call again when coming back......

Big hassle says the competition

Its just a phone call and you get great network, I have a lot of clients that love the passport program and I have 0 complaints on the procedure of using it

Big hassle says the competition

Its just a phone call and you get great network, I have a lot of clients that love the passport program and I have 0 complaints on the procedure of using it

Same here, have had many clients use it. Never had a complaint related to it. Other companies try to make it sound like its a huge thing

Back