PFFS sales questions

montyderhak

Hello there,

I am contracted with Coventry and Wellcare in my area in Oregon. I have some q's concerning enrolling clients.

1. I have some lead cards that have been sent in, do I still need to fill out the SALES APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION FORM?

2. According to Wellcare's site, I will only get commissions on telephone app, is this true?

3. For some reason I cannot download the SALES APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION FORM from the website, where else can I find this?

Thanks in advance, any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated....Monty

Re: PFFS sales q's

#1 - yes

#2 - I don't know, contact someone in your state

#3 - email me, I was sent a generic one that can be used for all companies. Also, CMS stated that any SAC forms you receive from a company can be turned in with any enrollment forms, whether it be from that company or not.

Hello there,

I am contracted with Coventry and Wellcare in my area in Oregon. I have some q's concerning enrolling clients.

1. I have some lead cards that have been sent in, do I still need to fill out the SALES APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION FORM?

2. According to Wellcare's site, I will only get commissions on telephone app, is this true?

3. For some reason I cannot download the SALES APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION FORM from the website, where else can I find this?

Thanks in advance, any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated....Monty

Sorry I didn't have time to respond to this query sooner, been busy....

1) I disagree with Bob. I think you will find the regs allow you to establish an appointment w/o a SAC form IF YOU USE AN APPROVED LEAD CARD. These "approved" lead cards typically come from your appointed carrier(s).

2) You need to look more closely at this. Usually the commissions are HIGHER with a telephone ap than a paper ap. I am not aware of a carrier NOT paying any commission unless it is by telephone, but that doesn't mean some carrier I am not familiar with having such an onerous policy. Frankly I wouldn't contract with such a carrier. There are times when you have a client you cannot enroll over the phone for one reason or the other. Check this out directly with that carrier... read their commission policy, and don't take word of mouth as gospel... a lot of people spread misinformation, usually due to laziness (not checking their sources) or a misunderstanding themselves.

3) If you can't get the SAC from the Wellpoint site, try your FMO's web site, if he has one, or another carrier's. Be aware that SAC's from carriers will be specific for that product. If you want a generic form (without the carrier name on it) you should attempt to obtain one from an independent broker or FMO supplying such. <Take Bob's offer>

Hello there,

A CMS approved BRC takes the place of the SAC. The key is "CMS approved". If you made them yourself, they won't fly.

Wellcare only takes applications by teleapp now, so, I'm sure they wouldn't pay if you sent in a paper app. There are some situations where you cannot do a teleapp. Hard of hearing, the person is unable to do it by phone, power of attorney, etc. In those cases, you still have to call the teleapp number from the person's home and explain why it can't be done. They will give you an authorization number to put on the paper app. You will get paid on those. It was $50 less this year. Who knows what it will be for '09?

A CMS approved BRC takes the place of the SAC. The key is "CMS approved". If you made them yourself, they won't fly.

Wellcare only takes applications by teleapp now, so, I'm sure they wouldn't pay if you sent in a paper app. There are some situations where you cannot do a teleapp. Hard of hearing, the person is unable to do it by phone, power of attorney, etc. In those cases, you still have to call the teleapp number from the person's home and explain why it can't be done. They will give you an authorization number to put on the paper app. You will get paid on those. It was $50 less this year. Who knows what it will be for '09?

This is correct. They think that it helps with retention, they have idiots that you call on the phone and I apologize before and after the call because IMVHO the people that answer the phones are very unprofessional.

I didn't know this! Yet another reason I would not contract with Wellcare!!! (Yet I can think of a marketing strategy of how I could cover the entire state without leaving home!)

Teleapps may be the future! With low commissions and 2nd, 3rd gen MA's familiar with the functionality of these plans...why not teleapp and grow a bubble ass at the same time?

Teleapps may be the future! With low commissions and 2nd, 3rd gen MA's familiar with the functionality of these plans...why not teleapp and grow a bubble ass at the same time?

Wellcare's teleapp still has to be done from a face to face meeting with the enrollee. You can't do a 3 way or just enroll them by phone without meeting them. You still have take the paper app, you just get it into the system by phone. It's not a time saver for the agent.

Wellcare's teleapp still has to be done from a face to face meeting with the enrollee. You can't do a 3 way or just enroll them by phone without meeting them. You still have take the paper app, you just get it into the system by phone. It's not a time saver for the agent.

I'm sorry... you'll have to pardon me.... I'm still laughing at Policy Doc's post.... my side is starting to hurt..... I just can't stop......:D:D:D:D:D

Back